JBM to enter bus business in India by 2012-13September 6th, 2011 - 7:45 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 6 (IANS) Auto component major JBM Group Tuesday said that it will foray into the bus manufacturing business in the country by the next fiscal.
“By the end of this fiscal, we will be in an alliance with an international partner for the bus business in India,” Nishant Arya, executive director, JBM Group told reporters at the sidelines of an Automotive Component Manufacturers Association (ACMA) event here.
According to Arya, the alliance for manufacturing buses may be formed with a European firm. The financial details and other plans would only be decided after the alliance is formed, he said.
Arya said that the group would be investing about Rs.500 crore in its component business driven three companies — Neel Metals, JBM Auto Systems and Jay Bharat Maruti — its joint-venture (JV) with Maruti Suzuki.
“We will invest Rs.500 crore this fiscal to set-up three new plants in Chennai, Pant Nagar and Sanand and expand capacity at our Pune, Gurgaon and Faridabad plants,” Arya said.
The company’s expansion plan envisages raising its component manufacturing capacity of one million per day to 1.2 million per day.
The company also expects its turover to grow to Rs.6,500 crore this fiscal from Rs.4,500 crores ($1 billion) in 2010-11.
- Manesar violence blow to Maruti, may hit Japanese investment - Jul 20, 2012
- Shree Ganesh Jewellery in JV with Italian firm for Rs.100 cr plant - Oct 28, 2011
- Lumax investing Rs.150 crore on new plants, capacity - Sep 06, 2011
- South India now prime hub for auto components, say experts - Feb 08, 2011
- H&R; Johnson pumps in Rs.225 crore in Andhra unit - May 18, 2012
- Maruti plans 10 lakh capacity plant in Gujarat - May 31, 2011
- Maruti not to abandon Manesar plant, says Bhargava (Lead) - Jul 21, 2012
- Maruti Suzuki cars to cost more - Jan 05, 2012
- Birla Corp eyes 3 percent rise in cement sales - Oct 24, 2011
- Modi to visit Japan, meet Suzuki officials (Lead) - Jul 21, 2012
- Auto component industry to grow by 12-15 percent in 2011-12 - Aug 30, 2011
- Maruti strike continues for sixth day, production hit - Oct 12, 2011
- Maruti's Manesar plant reopens after 34-day shutdown - Aug 21, 2012
- Hero Motors' to launch new products during Indian F1 - Sep 02, 2011
- Mega-launches, big-ticket announcements at Delhi Auto Expo - Jan 03, 2012
Tags: acma, auto systems, bharat, bus business, component business, component manufacturers, component manufacturing, crore, expansion plan, faridabad, financial details, gurgaon, international partner, manufacturers association, manufacturing business, maruti suzuki, nishant, pant nagar, rs 500, rs 6