Jaypee’s commissions cement plant in Himachal PradeshJanuary 14th, 2010 - 9:28 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, Jan 14 (IANS) Jaypee Himachal Cement, a subsidiary of diversified group Jaiprakash Associates, was commissioned in Solan district in Himachal Pradesh Thursday, a company official said.
“The plant, having an annual capacity to produce 1.75 million tonnes of cement per annum, was set up at Bagheri in Solan,” said senior company vice-president K.K. Talwar.
Jaiprakash is setting up second cement plant at Bagha in Solan district.
“The state government would earn Rs.100 crore per annum in the form of taxes from the Bagheri plant,” Talwar said.
The plant is located some 80 km from state capital Shimla.
- Himachal's cement production to go up - Mar 22, 2012
- Cement price in Himachal reduced - Jan 05, 2012
- Blame game over Himachal power plant ordered to be razed - May 20, 2012
- Include cement in essential commodities: Dhumal - Dec 22, 2011
- Himachal wants cement put on controlled commodity list - Jan 02, 2012
- Himachal greens upbeat over 'environmental justice' - May 06, 2012
- Centre ignored protests over cement plant in 2004: Dhumal - May 13, 2012
- Action only after studying court judgment: Jaiprakash Associates - May 05, 2012
- Jaypee announces amalgamation of three group entities - Feb 14, 2011
- Indorama to invest Rs.1,000 crore in Himachal project - Apr 03, 2012
- Congress extended favours to Jaiprakash Associates: Dhumal - May 07, 2012
- Firm fined Rs.100 crore for violating environmental laws - May 04, 2012
- Truckers strike continues in Himachal - Oct 20, 2010
- Himachal court dismisses cement firm's petitions - Jul 06, 2012
- Himachal favouring business group, says Congress - Apr 04, 2011