Jayalalithaa writes to PM, demands Kudankulam powerApril 25th, 2012 - 5:39 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, April 25 (IANS) Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J. Jayalalithaa Wednesday wrote to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh again, reiterating her demand that the state be allocated the entire 1,000 MW power to be generated from the first unit of the Kudankulam Nuclear Power Project (KNPP).
“Now I understand that nuclear fuel loading is going to take place in the next few days in the first Unit of the Plant of 1000 MW capacity. It is expected that criticality will be reached in the following 20 days or so, leading to power generation from the first Unit of the Plant,” she said in her letter, the text of which was released to the media here.
Drawing the prime minister’s attention to her earlier March 31, 2012, letter, Jayalalithaa said: “I would like to state that details with regard to action on the allocation of the entire power to be generated from the Koodankulam Nuclear Power Plant to Tamil Nadu are yet to be known.”
“I take this opportunity to remind you of my earlier request. I am sure that you will do the needful by accepting the absolutely justified demand of our State,” she added.
India’s nuclear power plant operator Nuclear Power Corporation of India Ltd (NPCIL) is setting up two 1,000 MW reactors at Kudankulam in Tirunelveli district, about 650 km from here.
- Allot entire 2,000 MW Kudankulam power to Tamil Nadu: Jayalalithaa - Mar 31, 2012
- Jayalalithaa demands 1,000 MW power from Kudankulam unit - Aug 19, 2012
- Kudankulam project workers stopped, asked not to work - Oct 13, 2011
- Kudankulam protests continue, entry points to plant blocked - Oct 14, 2011
- Kudankulam citizens to appeal to Japan PM against nuclear cooperation - Dec 28, 2011
- Centre, Tamil Nadu should operationalise Kudankulam: MP - Feb 03, 2012
- It's David vs Goliath at Kudankulam: Anti-nuke activist - Feb 28, 2012
- Resolve Kudankulam row politically: Kalam to Manmohan - Jan 14, 2012
- Protest against Kudankulam project resumes - Oct 09, 2011
- Kudankulam activists brief Jayalalithaa on hazards, seek new panel (Second Lead) - Feb 29, 2012
- Jayalalithaa asks Prime Minister for power from central pool - Jun 06, 2011
- Kudankulam's first unit to be ready for fuel loading soon: NPCIL - Mar 19, 2012
- Manmohan Singh warmly welcomed in Chennai - Dec 25, 2011
- Major pre-fuel loading exercise over at Kudankulam - Sep 12, 2012
- Central panel to finalise report on Kudankulam n-plant - Dec 13, 2011
Tags: chief minister, criticality, few days, fuel loading, india ltd, j jayalalithaa, kudankulam, manmohan, manmohan singh, needful, npcil, nuclear fuel, nuclear power corporation, nuclear power plant, nuclear power project, power generation, power plant operator, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, reactors