Japanese offer to develop Uttar Pradesh infrastructureJuly 5th, 2012 - 8:27 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, July 5 (IANS) A delegation of Japanese businessmen met Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav Thursday and expressed interest in working with the state in infrastructure areas such as airports, monorails and power generation.
The delegation was led by Itochu Corporation’s Hijime Koshio.
Koshio told Yadav that his company had the expertise to develop infrastructure and gave him a proposal showing interest in working for power generation, mono-rail based on high speed surface transport systems and working on airports.
Lauding the efforts of the Japanese in developing their country in adverse conditions, Yadav said his government was ready to take support of all institutions ready to contribute in financially viable and public centric ways for the state’s all round development.
While discussing the excellence of Japan in modern technology, Yadav said the state government was prepared to encourage Japanese techniques in the modernisation of the development and facilities in Uttar Pradesh.
Seeking investment for the state, he said the government was working to increase power generation, laying a strong network of roads and ensuring a strong law and order machinery.
Pointing out the creation of a conducive atmosphere for investment in the state, he said the government would soon announce new industrial, IT, agriculture and sugar policies.
- UP to develop districts adjoining Nepal border - Jul 20, 2012
- Repair work of Airport Metro to end by October: Kamal Nath - Sep 17, 2012
- UP mulls metro, mono rail in big cities - Mar 24, 2012
- Akhilesh meets PM, seeks funds for central aided projects (Lead) - Apr 14, 2012
- Akhilesh meets PM, seeks funds for central aided projects - Apr 14, 2012
- Course correction if Mulayam wishes it: Akhilesh - Aug 01, 2012
- Fruits of independence yet to reach the poor: Akhilesh - Aug 15, 2012
- Akhilesh promises action on Agra projects, power complaints - Sep 10, 2012
- Power woes: Sonia's whisper stronger than SC order - Sep 02, 2012
- UP officials told to improve law, order - Jul 15, 2012
- Akhilesh set to take over, promises a new UP (Roundup) - Mar 10, 2012
- UP announces new industrial policy - Sep 04, 2012
- Akhilesh Yadav to speed up Delhi-Mumbai industrial corridor - Aug 11, 2012
- Dimple files nomination, plays 'bahu' card - Jun 05, 2012
- US ambassador Powell calls on Akhilesh Yadav - Aug 31, 2012
Tags: airports, chief minister, conducive atmosphere, delegation, infrastructure areas, itochu, itochu corporation, japanese businessmen, japanese techniques, law and order, modern technology, modernisation, mono rail, monorails, power generation, speed surface, state government, surface transport, transport systems, yadav