Japanese firm to help develop specialty steel in IndiaNovember 12th, 2010 - 6:28 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 12 (IANS) Sunflag Iron and Steel, which supplies components to leading auto manufacturers like General Motors, Maruti Suzuki, Toyota and Nissan, has signed an agreement with Japanese firm Daido Steel for developing specialty steel products.
“Specialty steel products like crack shaft and ball valve steel is still being imported mainly from Japan. The deal will help us make these products in India itself,” Vipul Jain, general manager of Sunflag Iron and Steel Co, told IANS Friday.
The Bombay Stock Exchange-listed Sunflag has entered into a partnership with Japan’s leading specialty steel producer Daido Steel for technical assistance, especially for equipment investment and product evaluation.
Jain said domestic production of specialty steel would help cut costs for Indian car manufacturers.
He said the company planned to set up a new plant near Nagpur in Maharashtra or production of specialty steel that will cater to the needs of auto and engineering industry.
“This tie-up will enable us to receive technological assistance from Daido which will immensely help us in our operations,” Ravi Bhardwaj, vice chairman and managing director of Sunflag Iron Steel Company.
Bhardwaj said Sunflag has planned incremental investments for adding up new and up-to-date technologies for producing special steels.
- Japanese steelmaker to build plant in central Mexico - Aug 08, 2012
- Toyota to invest $500 mn in Brazil - Aug 09, 2012
- SAIL inks pact with Japan's Kobe Steel for Durgapur plant - Jul 10, 2012
- Nissan to build new $2 bn plant in Mexico - Jan 27, 2012
- Nissan to unveil diesel variant of Micra in India - Nov 25, 2010
- Nissan to make diesel engines in India - Nov 17, 2011
- Toyota cuts sales target in Indonesia - Nov 08, 2011
- Eaton in talks with car makers for its superchargers - Sep 06, 2011
- GM may replace production-hit Toyota as No 1 automaker - Apr 23, 2011
- SAIL investing Rs.20,000 crore for modernising Bengal units - Sep 10, 2011
- Luxury car makers target India's small-town boom - Feb 05, 2012
- In a subdued auto market, Asian companies log growth in July (Roundup) - Aug 01, 2012
- Top level changes at Nissan India, Renault Nissan - Mar 23, 2012
- Kinetic Engineering to launch two new gearboxes - Jan 17, 2012
- Ashok Leyland-Nissan unveil 1.25-tonne goods carrier - Mar 29, 2011
Tags: auto manufacturers, ball valve, bombay stock exchange, car manufacturers, equipment investment, indian car, iron and steel, iron steel, japanese firm, maruti suzuki, nagpur, product evaluation, special steels, specialty steel, steel co, steel company, steel producer, steel products, sunflag, technological assistance