Japan keen to partner in infra and other sectors in KeralaSeptember 13th, 2012 - 4:48 pm ICT by IANS
Kochi, Sep 13 (IANS) Japan is keen to participate in infrastructure, information technology and healthcare projects in Kerala, top Japanese officials said Thursday.
“We are keen on partnering in the infrastructure projects in Kerala. Further, Japanese companies can look at IT companies based in Kerala for business,” Shinya Fujii, director general at Japan External Trade Organisation (JETRO), told IANS.
Fujii said a Japanese delegation is planning to meet Chief Minister Oommen Chandy in a day or two to explore business possibilities.
JETRO is a Japanese government-supported organisation that works to promote trade and investment between Japan and the rest of the world.
Fujii, however, said land is a major constraint in Kerala to bring in big industrial investments to the state.
He was addressing the country session on “Business opportunities through economic cooperation between Japan and India” at the ongoing Emerging Kerala investment summit here.
JETRO deputy director Hajime Nakamura identified information, communication and technology (ICT) and healthcare as two areas India and Japan can collaborate in.
He said there are 812 Japanese companies in India as of October 2011 of which 47 are in Kerala.
Electronics and logistics top the list in which Japan partners Kerala, he added.
Fujii outlined Japan’s strategy for complete resurgence from last year’s major earthquake which centred on 11 growth strategies and 38 priority policy actions.
- Kerala coir products for Japanese market - Sep 14, 2012
- Japanese delegation to sign MoU with Tamil Nadu this year - Sep 28, 2010
- Japan keen on industrial corridor, freight train in south India - Feb 14, 2012
- Japan, Tamil Nadu to ink MoU for industrial corridor project - Nov 08, 2010
- Japanese firms to increase investment in Tamil Nadu - Jan 25, 2012
- Kerala expecting huge overseas investment: Chandy - Apr 20, 2012
- Britain interested in Kerala infrastructure projects - May 22, 2012
- Kerala IT companies tap into Danish ICT market - May 11, 2011
- New industrial policy soon, says Jayalalithaa - Jan 10, 2012
- More global firms eye Indian construction equipment market - Nov 28, 2011
- South India now prime hub for auto components, say experts - Feb 08, 2011
- Kerala promises single window clearance to lure investors - Apr 21, 2012
- Kerala mulling cutting operating costs of IT firms - Jan 19, 2012
- Rajasthan steps forward to woo Japanese investors - Dec 23, 2011
- Karnataka mulls bullet trains for high-speed connectivity - Jun 04, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,