Jam free traffic promised on Delhi-Gurgaon ExpresswaySeptember 19th, 2012 - 9:14 pm ICT by IANS
Gurgaon, Sep 19 (IANS) The concessionaire company of the Delhi-Gurgaon Expressway Wednesday pledged jam free movement of traffic on the 32-lane Serhol toll plaza in Gurgaon, police said.
The Delhi-Gurgaon Super Connectivity Ltd (DGSCL) gave the assurance to the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) and the Gurgaon administration.
The company agreed to follow all the directions and suggestions given by police, Deputy Commissioner of Police Bharti Arora told IANS.
“Almost all our demands, directions and suggestions to ease the traffic and avoid jams have been accepted by DGSCL,” she said.
“The waiting period for traffic on the toll plaza would not be more than 8-10 minutes in any condition. Traffic will get toll free exit during jam. Boom barriers would in place during traffic congestion,” she said.
“Seven extra windows on the Jaipur-Delhi lanes and six on the Delhi-Jaipur lanes will be established,” she added.
Frustrated over frequent traffic chaos, the Punjab and Haryana High Court Sep 4 restrained DGSCL from collecting toll tax on the Delhi-Gurgaon Eexpressway for 15 days.
Challenging the order, the DGSCL had approached the Supreme Court but the apex court refused to stay the order.
- Operator charges toll at two Gurgoan plazas - Sep 05, 2012
- NHAI, Gurgaon expressway operator settle dispute (Lead) - Sep 18, 2012
- No toll on Delhi-Gurgaon expressway for 15 days: Court - Sep 04, 2012
- NHAI, Gurgaon expressway operator get time for talks - Aug 30, 2012
- Considering out-of-court solution on expressway: NHAI - Aug 06, 2012
- Top cop who took on Gurgaon toll plaza transferred - Sep 18, 2012
- NHAI, private firm settle Gurgaon toll plaza issue - Jul 05, 2012
- DGSCL files contempt petition against NHAI - Mar 27, 2012
- Free ride on Gurgaon expressway till Sep 25 - Sep 20, 2012
- 'Accidents rise on Delhi-Gurgaon expressway' - Apr 13, 2012
Tags: apex, apex court, arora, bharti, boom, commissioner of police, concessionaire, connectivity, deputy commissioner, free exit, free traffic, gurgaon, jaipur, jams, national highways authority, nhai, punjab and haryana high court, traffic chaos, traffic congestion, waiting period