Jai Balaji completes merger with HEG steel divisionMarch 13th, 2008 - 12:59 am ICT by admin
Kolkata, March 12 (IANS) Jai Balaji Industries got a foothold in two mineral-rich states of eastern India as it completed a merger of the steel division of HEG Ltd at Chhattisgarh with itself and purchased 100 percent stake in Nilachal Iron and Power Ltd in Jharkhand. The shareholders at their meeting held Wednesday approved the scheme of arrangement of transfer of steel unit of HEG Ltd with Jai Balaji Industries Ltd.
A company release said 2007 proved to be highly rewarding for it as the booming economy, constant growth and huge investment and demand for infrastructure brought good news to the steel industry.
The company undertook major expansion programmes so as to participate in fulfilling the demand of the booming infrastructure growth, it said.
During the year, the company acquired the steel division of HEG Ltd consisting of a sponge iron plant, SMS division and a power plant in Chhattisgarh subject to completion of necessary legal formalities.
The company also acquired ownership control over Nilachal Iron and Power Ltd, a sponge manufacturing company in Jharkhand.
In addition various modules comprising power plant, coke oven plant, pallet plant, tubes and pipes, ferro alloys and rolling mills at a total cost of Rs.10,550 million were undertaken.
But the most significant event was the signing of a MoU with the West Bengal government for setting up a 5 million tonne steel plant, 3 million tonne cement plant and 1,215 MW captive power plant near Purulia for a total investment of Rs.160 billion.
- Over 100 Chhattisgarh sponge iron units face closure - Jan 15, 2012
- Tata Steel's Jamshedpur plant to be modernised - Aug 05, 2011
- KKN Group forays into steel industry - Aug 25, 2010
- Tata Steel launches branded Silico Manganese - Aug 22, 2012
- Jharkhand considering MoU renewal for ArcelorMittal steel plant - Aug 01, 2012
- Essar Group doubles steel capacity at Hazira, Gujarat - Feb 24, 2012
- NMDC signs deal with MECON for Chhattisgarh project - Feb 24, 2011
- Karnataka ore transport ban affects Goa's iron plants - Jun 21, 2011
- Policy matters, iron ore sourcing delaying steel plant: JSW Steel - Jan 10, 2012
- Steel ministry subsidy scheme for iron ore processing - Mar 26, 2012
- Jai Balaji hopes Purulia project to start in six months - Oct 26, 2009
- Action likely against Jindal firm for violating apex court order - Aug 02, 2011
- Crisis in Chhattisgarh's mini steel plants - Nov 14, 2011
- Visa Steel posts Rs.12.14 crore net profit - Jan 22, 2010
- 'Jindal's steel and power project will transform Bolivia' - Jun 16, 2011
Tags: balaji, captive power plant, cement plant, chhattisgarh, coke oven, eastern india, ferro alloys, heg ltd, infrastructure growth, legal formalities, pallet plant, plant tubes, power ltd, purulia, scheme of arrangement, sponge iron plant, steel division, steel industry, steel plant, west bengal government