Jade Goody was cleared of cancer suspicion 3 weeks before her diagnosisAugust 26th, 2008 - 6:20 pm ICT by ANI
London, Aug 26 (ANI): It is constantly emphasized that smear tests are vital for the early detection of cervical cancer but Big Brother star Jade Goodys case is a terrifying reminder that the system is fallible.
The reality TV star was given the all-clear by medics, despite collapsing three weeks ago, and undergoing four tests to examine pre-cancerous cells, reports the Mirror.
Now, a large cancerous tumour in her womb has been spotted and the disease may have spread.
She faces a hysterectomy, radiotherapy and chemotherapy and fears she may not live to see her two sons grow up.
The Harley Street consultant treating mum-of-two Goody has confirmed her patient’’s condition is severe. (ANI)
- 'Negligent' NHS blamed for Jade Goody's death - Mar 20, 2010
- Jade Goody mum's grave vigil - Dec 24, 2009
- Jade Goody's ex says kids still talk about her - Feb 09, 2010
- Goody's cancerous end prompts 20-pct leap in Scotland smear tests - Aug 26, 2009
- I ignored cancer warnings: Jade Goody - Aug 26, 2008
- Unborn Brit baby cures mother's cancer by kicking! - Jul 25, 2010
- Jade Goody's ex reveals how kids are coping with mum's loss - Aug 16, 2009
- Jade Goody's mum marks daughter's first death anniversary - Mar 22, 2010
- Cancer-struck Jade Goody may have less than 10 years to live - Sep 04, 2008
- Jade Goody released from hospital - Sep 27, 2008
- Goody's cancer reached 'stage three' - Sep 14, 2008
- Cervical cancer leading cancer-killer among Indian women - Mar 28, 2012
- Jade Goodys 8-hr cancer surgery goes off successfully - Sep 13, 2008
- Jade Goody urges women not to ignore cancer screening - Feb 09, 2009
- Oz scientists' defective gene discovery solves colorectal cancer mystery - Jan 17, 2011