IVRCL arm bags Rs.1,300 crore highway projectJanuary 30th, 2012 - 3:26 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Jan 30 (IANS) Infrastructure firm IVRCL Ltd Monday said its subsidiary, IVRCL Assets and Holdings Ltd, has bagged a Rs.1,300 crore project from the National Highway Authority of India for widening and strengthening the Raipur-Bilaspur section of National Highway-200 in Chhattisgarh.
“The project scope includes widening and strengthening the existing two-lane highway to six/four-lane highway standards,” the company said in a regulatory filing.
“The concession period is 25 years, including the construction period of 30 months,” it added.
The project corridor connects western and eastern part of India through National Highway-6 (Hazira-Kolkata) to National Highway-78 (Katni (Madhya Pradesh)- Gumla (Jharkhand)).
The Raipur-Bilaspur NH-200 is part of a road network which connects Raipur in Chhattisgarh to Chandikhole in Orissa passing through industrially developing areas like Bilaspur, Raigarh and Jarsuguda.
Chhattisgarh has adequate resources and is rich in minerals like iron ore, lime stone, dolomite, coal and bauxite which will be major raw materials for the production of steel, cement and power requirements of the country.
Similarly, iron ore and coal are largely available in Raigarh and Korba area respectively which falls on the Bilaspur side of the project corridor.
This stretch is the gateway to transportation of major raw materials and finished products relating to core sector industries in the country.
At the Bombay Stock Exchange, the shares of the company were trading 3.82 percent lower at Rs.47.85.
- Over 100 Chhattisgarh sponge iron units face closure - Jan 15, 2012
- Railways to improve services in Chhattisgarh - Feb 08, 2012
- Nod to highway projects worth Rs.4,814 crore - Mar 01, 2012
- Seven killed in Chhattisarh road accident - Dec 14, 2010
- Raman Singh slams Congress on coal block allocations - Aug 27, 2012
- SAIL, Jindal among nine given mining rights in Chhattisgarh - Dec 06, 2010
- IVRCL Group bags orders worth Rs.4,081 crore - Apr 02, 2012
- NTPC adds 500 MW unit in Chhattisgarh - Nov 26, 2010
- Chhattisgarh sponge iron makers seek centre's help (Lead) - Apr 05, 2010
- Chhattisgarh to sign MOU with Railways for new project - Feb 17, 2012
- CBI raids offices of three firms in Chhattisgarh - Sep 04, 2012
- Government approves 15 highway projects worth Rs.15,680 crore - Nov 16, 2011
- MPs visit SAIL mining site in Chhattisgarh - Jun 04, 2011
- Avoid favouritism in awarding infrastructure projects: PM - Sep 12, 2011
- Chhattisgarh to get 2,000 MW power from NTPC project - Nov 26, 2010
Tags: adequate resources, bauxite, bombay stock exchange, chhattisgarh, construction period, core sector industries, finished products, hazira, highway 6, holdings ltd, infrastructure firm, iron ore, kolkata, lime stone, national highway authority of india, orissa, production of steel, project scope, raigarh, raw materials