ITC Welcomgroup to hire 4,000 people in four yearsApril 14th, 2009 - 4:44 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, April 14 (IANS) Hotel chain major ITC Welcomgroup will hire around 4,000 people in the next four years, taking the total number of employees to 14,000, a top official said.
“Our new star hotels are coming up in Bangalore, Chennai, Kolkata, Hyderabad and New Delhi that require additional hands,” Anil Sharma, vice-president (human resources) of ITC, told IANS from Delhi on phone.
The hotel chain is expected to inaugurate its 350-room Bangalore property in June this year and its 600-room Grand Chola here early next year.
Sharma added that the attrition rate was around 11 percent in ITC Welcomgroup, compared to the industry average of 20 percent.
In 2007-08, the hotel division contributed around Rs.1,000 crore to ITC’s topline and around Rs.410 crore to its profit.
He said the chain concluded wage agreements in five of its properties with an average pay hike of 22 percent.
“Wage revisions for employees in other properties will happen when the earlier agreements come to an end,” Sharma added.
- Sarovar Hotels to expand in Africa, India - Jun 21, 2012
- Bullish on India, Chatwal plans 100 hotels in 10 years (Lead) - Jan 09, 2012
- Chola MS General targets Rs.1,400 crore premium in 2011-12 - Jun 02, 2011
- Karnataka firm to earn Rs.35 crore selling India's costliest soap - Feb 27, 2012
- Starwood plans more Aloft hotels in India - Sep 11, 2011
- No plans of sell stake: EIH Chairman - Jul 09, 2010
- Chatwal plans to open 52 hotels in India - Jan 09, 2012
- Holiday Inn Express hotel to come up in MahindraWorld City - Jun 14, 2011
- East India Hotels plans tie-up with RIL - Aug 10, 2011
- Worldhotels to expand presence in India - Jul 12, 2012
- Daiwik Hotels to have five properties in two years - Jul 18, 2012
- Accord Group to acquire hotels within, outside India - May 29, 2012
- Taj plans Vivanta hotels in Africa, China, Dubai - Jan 30, 2012
- ITC's quarterly net profit rises 22.4 percent - Jan 20, 2012
- Oriental Hotels to beef up its room strength - Jul 27, 2010