ITC set to get land for food factory in BengalJuly 23rd, 2010 - 9:45 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, July 23 (IANS) ITC would soon get land for setting up production base in the city, a top company official said here Friday.
“We have not been able to get land to set up production base (factory) in the state for long. We are planning to set up an integrated food factory,” chairman Y.C. Deveshwar told reporters during a press conference.
“We might get possession of 18 acres from the West Bengal Industrial Development Corporation soon,” he said.
But ITC requires minimum 40 acres for the project, he said.
- ITC trying to 'fast forward' Rs.25,000 crore investment plan - Jul 27, 2012
- WBIDC to hand over land to ITC for production base - Sep 14, 2010
- FMCG business to be profitable in six years: ITC - Jul 29, 2011
- ITC may shut Wimco unit in Chennai - Jul 23, 2010
- ITC shuts down two WIMCO plants - Jul 29, 2011
- ITC discontent over land acquisition in Bengal - Jul 25, 2009
- Consider Bengal your 'dreamland', Mamata woos industrialists (Lead) - Jan 10, 2012
- India should not suffer grid collapse: Deveshwar - Aug 01, 2012
- No open offer for EIH: Deveshwar - Jul 23, 2010
- Bengal woos industry amid mismanagement taint (West Bengal Newsletter) - Jan 15, 2012
- Global IIT meet for first time in Kolkata in December - Aug 01, 2012
- ITC aims to create multiple Indian FMCG brands: Deveshwar - Jul 27, 2012
- India rejigs manufacturing competitiveness council - Sep 26, 2011
- ITC yet to take call on EIH rights issue - Oct 06, 2010
- ITC plans greenfield paper plant, major hotel expansion - Jul 24, 2009