ITC Ltd. to invest Rs.4 bn in Himachal PradeshMarch 31st, 2008 - 4:14 pm ICT by admin
Shimla, March 31 (IANS) ITC Ltd., one of India’s foremost private sector multi-business conglomerates, is keen to set up a Rs.4 billion personal care and food processing unit in Himachal Pradesh, officials said Monday. Sources in the state industries department said ITC wants to avail its tax holiday package and has recently come up with an industrial proposal to set up a unit in industrial hub of Baddi, some 100 km from here.
ITC has a huge market share in its traditional businesses of cigarettes, hotels, paperboards, packaging and agri-exports and is rapidly gaining a share in businesses of packaged foods and confectionery, branded apparel and greeting cards.
The officials said the ITC’s proposal would come up for consideration in the single window clearance committee meeting to be chaired by Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal soon.
ITC proposes to manufacture personal care products like soaps, shampoo, besides processed food products like confectionery.
- ITC quarterly net profit rises 20 percent - Jul 26, 2012
- ITC's Sri Lankan subsidiary acquires land in Colombo - May 16, 2012
- ITC Ltd quarterly net profit increases 24.5 percent - Jul 28, 2011
- FMCG business to be profitable in six years: ITC - Jul 29, 2011
- Himachal invites private funds for food processing - Jun 12, 2012
- ITC quarterly profit rises by 21.41 percent - Jan 21, 2011
- Harita NTI, ITC to develop bio-polymer packaging material - May 31, 2011
- Karnataka gets Rs.1.10-lakh crore investments in agri-business - Dec 02, 2011
- ITC trying to 'fast forward' Rs.25,000 crore investment plan - Jul 27, 2012
- ITC quarterly net profit grows 26 percent - May 25, 2012
- ITC Ltd Q4 profit up by 27.1 percent - May 21, 2010
- No open offer for EIH: Deveshwar - Jul 23, 2010
- ITC's quarterly net profit rises 22.4 percent - Jan 20, 2012
- Sahara enters FMCG retail biz on I-day - Aug 13, 2012
- ITC net drops 4.3 percent to Rs.7.5 bn - Aug 04, 2008
Tags: agri, bn, business conglomerates, chief minister, cigarettes, committee meeting, food processing, greeting cards, holiday package, huge market, industrial hub, itc ltd, market share, personal care products, processed food products, processing unit, shampoo, soaps, tax holiday, traditional businesses