Italian luxury brand Tod’s celebrates foray into three Indian citiesOctober 24th, 2008 - 8:44 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 24 (IANS) Counting Hollywood divas like Cameron Diaz, Gwyneth Paltrow, Halle Berry, Julia Roberts and Scarlett Johansson among its clientele, Italian luxury brand Tod’s celebrated its foray into three Indian cities at its store in the swish Emporio mall here Friday.“India is emerging as one of the fastest growing markets for luxury, thus it was a natural step for us to focus in this market. We are sure that our products will attract and be appreciated by the Indian customers,” said Diego Della Valle, CEO and president of Tod’s group.
“We started our journey from Bangalore, where we opened our first store in May, then Mumbai in June and last month we opened here. This place is such that we are sure of getting good response, Valle added.
Tod’s specializes in leather shoes and bags and is committed to promote artisans and handcrafted workmanship.
Elaborating on this Valle stated: “All our products are meticulously constructed by hand by highly trained artisans in Italy. This strategy has proven to be one of the company’s greatest strengths.”
Each step in the construction of every individual piece is a marvel of craftsmanship that starts from the cutting of the leather to the hand sewing of the parts, which contribute to its beauty and durability.
“The entire process of making a shoe or a bag involves a qualified artisan who gives a piece individual attention - starting from hand cutting of the pieces to sewing together of all individual parts,” he explained.
“We ensure that every piece receives the same care and research, starting from its inception to when it reaches the celebrities and customers that have grown to love the brand,” he added.
For the autumn/winter collection the colour palette for the both bags and shoes is mostly blacks, browns, greys and golden.
The brand caters to the high-end clientele, as the price range of shoes start from Rs.20,000, whereas for bags, it starts at Rs.55,000 and can go up to a few hundred thousnds.
- Hidesign now forays into luxury line - Mar 11, 2012
- Make your cult in bridal wear: Tarun Tahiliani - Jul 25, 2012
- 'Global brands can generate jobs in India' (With Image) - May 21, 2012
- Rihanna unveils second Armani line - May 14, 2012
- Time is right for luxury watches in India, but no place - Sep 01, 2010
- Social networking sites drive Hidesign to tier-II cities - Mar 10, 2011
- Ekmatra redefines khadi, opens second outlet - Jan 06, 2012
- Tarun Tahiliani Bridal Couture to begin in Delhi July 8 (With Image) - Jun 15, 2011
- Shops, retail chains in malls down shutters against tax - Mar 07, 2011
- Black shoes sell less in India: Christian Louboutin - Mar 24, 2012
- Hidesign - a hobby that is today a chic brand - Aug 09, 2010
- Bollywood now on your shoes! - Sep 20, 2010
- Indian lessons for Kenyan bead weavers (With Image) - Jan 08, 2012
- Taj Khazana: Reviving rare but uniquely Indian art and craft (With Images) - Feb 26, 2012
- Versace Home opens first standalone store in capital - Jan 24, 2011