IT firm MindTree to tap talent in towns across IndiaSeptember 18th, 2012 - 11:24 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, Sep 18 (IANS) Global IT services major MindTree Ltd has tied up with employability solutions firm Aspiring Minds to hire top engineering talent from towns across the country.
“We have taken up this initiative in partnership with Aspiring Minds because about 70 percent of employable talent lies beyond top 100 colleges across tier-1, tier-2 and tier-3 colleges and towns,” MindTree chief operating officer N.S. Parthasarathy said in a statement here Tuesday.
Using the standard assessment tool AMCAT, the country’s largest employability test, candidates will be assessed on language, aptitude and functional skills. The short-listed candidates will be interviewed and the selected will be offered suitable roles in the company.
“We believe there is a large pool of untapped talent in tier-2 and tier-3 cities (towns), which are not being tapped by large organisations. We will streamline our campus hiring process to provide an equal opportunity to all deserving students,” said Parthasarathy.
The company will also use an objective pre-set quality benchmark to help define the skill set required for an engineer to perform well in IT services irrespective of biases based on college or location.
“We aim to provide engineering talent from across the country, an opportunity to work with us based on an objective evaluation,” the official noted.
As a suite of adaptive language, aptitude and domain evaluations tool, AMCAT uses nationally benchmarked assessment modules to ensure reliable evaluation and differentiation between trainable and unemployable talent.
“AMCAT has been recognised to evaluate and acquire the ‘right’ talent and increase the reach and sourcing capability of an organization,” Aspiring Minds chief executive Himanshu Aggarwal said in the statement.
AMCAT has been leveraged across the IT arena to hire fresh talent for software engineering, software testing, IT infrastructure management and a variety of lateral roles.
The Gurgaon-based Aspiring Minds has helped leading brands across verticals to improve their recruitment process efficiency and the quality of talent they hire. Its products and solutions have been adopted by leading corporates across sectors.
- 'Major talent for Indian IT industry untapped' - Nov 11, 2010
- Wipro trust, Nascscom to hone IT skills of graduates - Apr 18, 2011
- Karnataka unveils new policies to boost ICT, hardware - Jun 20, 2011
- TimesJobs offers online assessment of fresh graduates - May 02, 2011
- MindTree elevates co-founder Subroto Bagchi as chairman - Feb 29, 2012
- First management aptitude test to be held Feb 20 - Nov 20, 2010
- MindTree foermer co-founder floats new IT venture - Apr 05, 2011
- German executive Albert Hieronimus new MindTree chairman - Apr 01, 2011
- IIT Delhi top university for IT graduates in India - Mar 08, 2011
- Outgoing Soota not to divest MindTree stake for now - Mar 25, 2011
Tags: aspiring minds, assessment modules, assessment tool, biases, chief operating officer, deserving students, engineering software, functional skills, hiring process, india bangalore, infrastructure management, language aptitude, mindtree, objective evaluation, parthasarathy, test candidates, tier 1, tier 3, top 100 colleges, untapped talent