IT, BPO complex project in Kerala’s Infopark kicks offFebruary 20th, 2011 - 8:34 pm ICT by IANS
Kochi, Feb 20 (IANS) The foundation stone for the first IT/BPO complex, intended to create cost-effective infrastructure for the industry in Kerala’s Infopark Phase-II, was laid Sunday. Chief Minister V.S.Achuthanandan, who was to take part in the inauguration, read out his speech from the guest house as he was not well and it was transmitted live at the venue.
“Like past projects, Infopark will act as a single point developer of basic infrastructure facilities. On completion, the park will be able to provide employment to up to 85,000 professionals,” said Infopark CEO Binu A.Pazhoor.
The master plan for the project was also unveiled at the function in which Fisheries and Registration Minister S.Sharma and Transport Minister Jose Thettayil were present.
The second phase of Infopark is planned to be developed in 160 acres of land. The state government has allocated Rs.50 crores towards infrastructure development schemes for the project.
The master plan undertaken by US-based Cannon Design and envisages a green IT township on the banks of Kadamprayr river.
It will have all state of art facilities including shopping arcades, a town plaza, convention centre, women’s hostel, guest houses, rest and recreation facilities and a boat club.
Infopark, in the last two years, have been growing fast and is already home to over 13,500 IT professionals working in world class companies like OPI Global, Wipro, Tata Consultancy Services, ACS, US Technologies, IBS, Arbitron, Zerone Consulting, NHR Outsourcing, SIT Mobile, and Alcatel Lucent.
- Kerala IT floats global RFPs to build Kochi Infopark-II - Apr 30, 2010
- Kochi Infopark readies for second phase - Oct 12, 2011
- US Consul General McIntyre visits Kerala Infopark - Jun 14, 2012
- Cognizant, Ernst & Young to set up Kerala units - May 07, 2011
- Kochi Infopark expressway to open next week - Jun 17, 2010
- Kerala IT team to visit global infotech fair - Mar 01, 2011
- Kerala's Kozhikode Cyberpark gets SEZ status - Jun 10, 2010
- Master plan of Kerala Technocity ready - Aug 17, 2012
- Innovation centre to be set up at Infopark - Feb 07, 2011
- TCS to set up training centre at Technocity - Sep 13, 2010
- Achuthanandan to lay foundation stone of Kannur Cyberpark - Jan 13, 2011
- E&Y; to open third facility in Kerala - Apr 21, 2012
- Kerala ministers upset over PM's function - Feb 11, 2011
- Smart City Kochi pavilion to open next month - Apr 25, 2012
- Kozhikode Cyberpark gets Special Economic Zone tag - Jun 24, 2011
Tags: alcatel lucent, arbitron, art facilities, boat club, cannon design, chief minister, complex project, crores, foundation stone, infopark, infrastructure development, infrastructure facilities, nhr, recreation facilities, state of art, tata consultancy services, transport minister, v s achuthanandan, wipro, zerone consulting