ISIS Group to buy 10 Hawker jets for chartered operations in IndiaOctober 7th, 2008 - 6:53 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 7 (IANS) Aircraft manufacturer Hawker Beechcraft Corp (HBC) announced Tuesday that the UK-based investment company ISIS Group has placed orders worth $70 million for 10 Hawker 400XPs light jets for its chartered operations in India.The order marks ISIS Group’s initial aircraft purchase for its new investment in Indian aviation industry.
“We are thrilled that ISIS chose the Hawker 400XP as the aircraft to launch its charter jet service. This order highlights the growing demand in India for private aircraft and also fortifies Hawker Beechcraft as the superior choice for business travel,” HBC president-commercial sales Brad Hatt said in a statement.
Arun Sharma, managing director of the Bangalore-based Aviators India Pvt Ltd, which will operate ISIS’ Hawker aircraft on lease, said the delivery of five Hawker 400XPs was planned during 2009, while the remaining five aircraft were expected to be delivered in 2010.
He said ISIS would commence charter services in India in the second half of 2009.
With its strong existing turbine sales and the surge of orders in India this year, HBC was poised to continue to grow into an aviation leader in the region, said Hatt.
The Hawker 400XP is the biggest, fastest and most reliable light jet in its class with a maximum speed of 465 knots (535 miles or 850 km per hour).
- Aircraft manufacturer Hawker Beechcraft to lay off 170 people - Aug 04, 2012
- For private jets, corporate India is wind beneath wings - Apr 28, 2011
- Chinese firm offers to buy US plane maker - Jul 11, 2012
- Indian Air Force to evaluate Beechcraft T-6C trainer - Oct 08, 2010
- New aviation charter alliance Powerfly to take wings Feb 14 - Feb 01, 2011
- Private jet market soars in India - Feb 19, 2012
- Dreamliner, Sukhoi Superjet to be showcased at India Aviation - Mar 10, 2012
- Hawker Beechcraft fighting downturn via India market - Oct 26, 2008
- Ajit Singh to open India Aviation show Wednesday - Mar 13, 2012
- World's first synthetic jet fuel launched - Sep 27, 2010
- China's soaring private jet market - Mar 27, 2012
- Karina Airlines gets nod for regional flights - Nov 10, 2011
- Boeing to deliver 100 aircraft to India in five years - Mar 14, 2012
- Manpower shortage in business aviation affecting safety: DGCA - Feb 09, 2012
- US-India to cooperate on flight navigation systems - Jul 19, 2011