ISB event to provide start-up businesses access to fundingDecember 1st, 2011 - 11:05 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, Dec 1 (IANS) In a bid to provide funding access to start-up businesses, the Indian School of Business (ISB) Thursday launched its “Propero” initiative.
“The Propero initiative provides a platform for start-up and growth stage entrepreneurs to raise equity or debt financing,” ISB said in a statement
“The event will provide venture capitalists (VCs), angel investors and bankers access to high quality, scalable business plans from various sectors,” ISB said.
According to ISB, the event which is scheduled to be held here from Feb 24-25, 2012, will build on the success of the inaugural edition, when 30 leading investors had participated.
“Apart from 30 plus VCs, Angels (investors), over 10 leading banks including IDBI, Bank of Baroda, Andhra Bank, SBH, SBI, Union Bank have confirmed their participation.”
The eligibility criteria to participate in Propero 2012, says SBI will lay on per-requisites like: The venture must be a registered India-based registered entity in existence for at least six months with a clear-cut offering of operations, product and has gained traction in terms of customers, markets and prototype.
“The last date for entrepreneurs to submit their investment profiles is Dec 20.”
ISB added that the event is being jointly hosted by the B-school’s Centre for Entrepreneurship (WCED) and Centre for Investment, while the Credit Guarantee Trust for Medium Small and Micro Enterprises (CGTMSME) of the union government is the “Knowledge Partner”.
- Indian Angel Network to mentor Kochi start-ups - Aug 31, 2012
- Microsoft to incubate 10 Indian start-ups - May 23, 2012
- Israel to host industry meet to woo Indian investments - Jan 16, 2011
- ISB signs MoU to offer executive education in Pakistan (Lead) - Apr 13, 2012
- JGI Ventures to groom entrepreneurs with Rs.500 crore fund - Apr 06, 2011
- ISB signs MoU to offer executive education in Pakistan (with images) - Apr 13, 2012
- Venturesutra offers direct fund platform for entrepreneurs - May 11, 2011
- Meet on entrepreneurship development in Hyderabad - Oct 24, 2008
- IBM to provide start-ups cloud-computing technology - Mar 31, 2010
- Experts welcome SIDBI fund for service sector startups - May 21, 2012
- SBI, Airtel form Rs.100 crore mobile banking venture - Jan 12, 2011
- Manufacturing policy is designed to create jobs: CII - Nov 13, 2011
- US start-up visa bill to boost entrepreneurship - Mar 15, 2011
- SBI, Allahabad Bank cut interest rates - Apr 23, 2012
- ISB ranked 12th in top global B-schools - Jan 26, 2010
Tags: andhra bank, angel investors, b school, bank of baroda, credit guarantee, debt financing, eligibility criteria, growth stage, guarantee trust, inaugural edition, indian school of business, investment profiles, knowledge partner, last date, micro enterprises, sbh, sbi, union government, venture capitalists, wced