IRS deadline extended till 18th of AprilJanuary 5th, 2011 - 8:44 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Washington DC, Jan 5 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Taxpayers in the United States were required to submit their returns latest by the 15th day of April but it seems they will get respite after all.
Thanks to the observation of the anniversary of President Abraham Lincoln signing the Compensated Emancipation Act, taxpayers will be required to file their tax returns latest by the 18th day of April. This is the case because the observance of the anniversary falls on Saturday. As a result, the observance has been brought back to the preceding Friday.
The IRS has announced other series of changes. The organization announced to those expecting their refunds that they will not be sending the checks in the mail this year. The IRS is updating its software and subsequently they will not be working on refunds and such things until that process is completed somewhere in the middle of February.
A tax expert, Randy McDonnell, of Biloxi said that, “Of course, that means people’s refund will be late.”
The IRS subsequently warned that those expecting refund should not expect things soon.
Last year, the IRS averagely refunded $2,994 and that was higher than the previous year’s amount which was $2,836.
- Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Extends Its Deadline Till April 18 For Taxpayers - Jan 05, 2011
- Confederate History Month Inflames Enragement In Virginia - Apr 07, 2010
- US state seeks Indian investment in IT, energy - Nov 16, 2011
- Skokie, IL man charged for his role in a tax refund conspiracy - Apr 13, 2010
- Small mistake can lead to long delays in tax refunds - Jul 23, 2012
- E-filing of returns must for people earning over Rs.10 lakh - Jul 02, 2012
- Florida woman charged for preparing fraudulent income tax returns - Apr 10, 2010
- U.S. FAA launches website for pilots and public about laser incidents - Oct 28, 2011
- U.S. government seeks names of U.S. residents with HSBC India bank accounts to avoid taxes - Apr 08, 2011
- Recovery Act tax benefits continues to increase average tax returns - Mar 23, 2010
- British musician gets one mn fans on YouTube - Sep 12, 2011
- Mitt Romney releases tax returns - Jan 25, 2012
- Lincoln urged Britain to help set up colony for freed slaves - Mar 06, 2011
- Newly resurfaced letter brings the question of Abraham Linclon's faith to the fore - Apr 17, 2011
- Brinkley pledges to settle tax debt - Dec 06, 2011
Tags: abraham lincoln, anniversary, biloxi, checks in the mail, emancipation act, irs deadline, lincoln, observance, observation, president abraham lincoln, previous year, randy mcdonnell, respite, tax expert, tax returns, taxpayers, washington dc