Irregularities in foreign welfare fund in ChhattisgarhSeptember 8th, 2011 - 8:23 pm ICT by IANS
Raipur, Sep 8 (IANS) The Chhattisgarh government Thursday admitted irregularities in the use of a welfare fund provided by the European Commission for purchase of school bags for tribal students in one of the state’s most backward districts.
The European Commission’s welfare fund of Rs.2,84,39,806 was spent for purchase of school bags for tribal students in Surguja district during the 2010-11 fiscal, tribal welfare minister Kedar Kashyap told the state assembly in a written reply.
The minister admitted that “irregularities” were found in the purchase of school bags in the district which is dominated by tribals and hit by Maoist militancy for years.
The government had recently suspended a senior official posted in the district for the irregularities.
The suspension was made amid allegations by the opposition Congress that the state’s ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) government was using the welfare money for image build-up of Chief Minister Raman Singh.
- Chhattisgarh to speed up electrification in Maoist areas - Mar 02, 2012
- Chhattisgarh slows down anti-Maoist drive till Menon's release - Apr 23, 2012
- Chhattisgarh to simplify caste certification process - Aug 22, 2012
- Wild jumbos gatecrash school to party - Aug 31, 2011
- Chhattisgarh tribals issued invalid caste certificates - Aug 19, 2012
- Chhattisgarh mulls aluminium plant in Surguja - Feb 05, 2011
- Funds no problem for Maoist-hit areas: Jairam Ramesh - Jan 16, 2012
- Chhattisgarh BJP wooing tribals in violence-hit Bastar - Jun 10, 2012
- Tribal families spend nights outside due to wild jumbos - Jan 03, 2012
- Chhattisgarh ministers fail to disclose assets - Dec 22, 2011
- Chhattisgarh to tap solar energy for clean water supply - Dec 06, 2011
- 'Education City' emerges in Chhattisgarh's Maoist zone - Jul 16, 2012
- Committed to restoring peace in Bastar: Raman Singh - May 05, 2011
- 20,000 Chhattisgarh girls sold: Jogi - Nov 13, 2011
- Chhattisgarh orders probe into girl's shootout killing - Aug 31, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,