Iran to manufacture passenger planesAugust 6th, 2012 - 12:15 pm ICT by IANS
Tehran, Aug 6 (IANS) Iran will manufacture passenger planes, as the country requires 600 such planes in about a decade, an Iranian official has said.
According to President of Tehran’s Amir Kabir University Alireza Rahaei, Iranian experts have completed the feasibility studies of the country’s national plan to build 150-passenger airplanes, Xinhua reported.
By 2021, the country needs 600 passenger planes out of which 270 aircraft should have the capacity for 100 to 150 passengers, said Rahaei.
The project has entered the designing and manufacturing phase, Press TV quoted Rahaei as saying Sunday.
Iranian experts at Amir Kabir University, Iran University of Science and Technology, as well as Fars Science and Technology Park will participate in the megaproject for manufacturing the 150- passenger aircraft, he added.
Iran has witnessed several air disasters, involving both civil and military aircraft, in recent years.
According to experts, the US-imposed sanctions against Iran, which prevented its allies from selling aircraft or plane parts to the country, have undermined safety standards within Iran’s civil and military aviation fleet and are increasing the likelihood of more air disasters.
- Iran strengthens national fleet with 25 planes - Dec 19, 2011
- Iran to put captured foreign drones on display - Dec 18, 2011
- US warships in Gulf 'sitting ducks' for Iran missiles - Jul 05, 2012
- Lok Sabha speaker to to visit Iran - Oct 30, 2011
- Iran says that it has placed 150,000 missiles towards Israel - Nov 28, 2011
- Iran to buy planes from Russia - Dec 27, 2011
- Sanctions benefited Iran, says Khamenei - Feb 03, 2012
- Iran holds air defence drills - Jul 12, 2012
- Iran, North Korea call for expanded ties - Sep 01, 2012
- Iran to shut Hormuz Strait if threatened: Officials - Jul 07, 2012
- Iran to unveil 'advanced' cruise missile - Sep 09, 2012
- Iran to export diesel to Iraq - Jun 23, 2011
- Iran test-fires ballistic missiles - Jul 03, 2012
- Iran to decide downed US drone's fate - Dec 18, 2011
- Iran to launch three new satellites - Nov 13, 2011
Tags: air disasters, alireza, amir kabir university, aviation fleet, feasibility studies, iran university of science and technology, iranian official, likelihood, military aircraft, military aviation, passenger aircraft, passenger airplanes, passenger planes, safety standards, sanctions against iran, science and technology, technology park, tehran, university of science and technology, xinhua