Iran to buy planes from RussiaDecember 27th, 2011 - 3:41 am ICT by IANS
Tehran, Dec 27 (IANS) Iran plans to buy small passenger planes from Russia, Xinhua reported Monday.
Talks are on for the purchase of 100-seat capacity planes from Russia, Urban Development Minister Ali Nikzad said.
Russia’s Tupolev and Sukhoi types of aircraft are being considered, according to the semi-official Fars news agency.
Iran hopes to add 20 new planes to its aircraft fleet in the next few months, Nikzad said.
- Iran strengthens national fleet with 25 planes - Dec 19, 2011
- Pakistan may buy new Sukhoi superjets - May 09, 2012
- Iran to manufacture passenger planes - Aug 06, 2012
- No survivors in Sukhoi crash, Russia opens criminal case (Second Lead) - May 10, 2012
- IAEA report on Parchin void of technical significance: Iran - Aug 31, 2012
- Iran produces 70 kg high-grade enriched uranium - Oct 18, 2011
- Iran willing to work with Russia on more power plants - Mar 26, 2012
- Missing aircraft found in Indonesia - May 10, 2012
- IAEA expert dies in Iran car accident - May 08, 2012
- Iran says IAEA's documents on its missile programme 'baseless' - Nov 06, 2011
- Seven killed in Iran steel company blast - Dec 12, 2011
- Iran hangs four rapists - Oct 12, 2011
- Iran, North Korea call for expanded ties - Sep 01, 2012
- Iran's passenger plane crashes, 150 on board feared killed (Lead) - Jul 15, 2009
- No survivors found in Sukhoi crash (Lead) - May 10, 2012