IPCL, DPSC to invest Rs.26,450 crore in powerJuly 20th, 2011 - 6:37 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, July 20 (IANS) India Power Corporation Limited (IPCL) and DPSC Limited, a power generation and distribution group, Wednesday announced their plan to invest Rs.26,450 crore by 2015 in the power sector across the country.
IPCL is the holding company of DPSC, which is a power generation and distribution company under Andrew Yule Group, which was taken over by IPCL last year.
“IPCL and DPSC, having an installed capacity of power generation of about 77.4 MW, will be adding another 4,362 MW with an investment of about Rs.25,000 crore by March, 2015,” DPSC Ltd chairman Hemant Kanoria said here.
“The locations are Rajasthan, West Bengal, Bihar, Gujarat and Madhya Pradesh,” he said.
“In power transmission and distribution segment, DPSC will invest around Rs.1,450 crore,” he added.
Kanoria said a 60 MW wind power plant was under construction and expected to be commissioned by March 2012 in Rajasthan.
In West Bengal, a 450 MW thermal coal plant in Haldia and a 540 MW plant in Raghunathpur will be commissioned within 2013 and 2014 respectively.
“At Haldia, we have more than 200 acres of land. Construction works are going on there. At Raghunathpur, we already have 155 acres of land and we are open to private purchase of more land,” Kanoria said.
He said 1,320 MW plant in Bihar, 1,320 MW plant in Gujarat and 660 MW plant in Madhya Pradesh were at various stages.
On distribution network of DPSC, the chairman said it planned to set up 220 KV and 400 KV stations within the licensed area to provide required connectivity with the national and state grid.
“For funding the total investment, various options are available. Internal accruals will take place. We will also tap private equity market,” he added.
- Srei consortium buys majority stake in DPSC (Lead) - Nov 20, 2009
- Shanghai Electric to supply equipment for Haldia plant - Sep 15, 2011
- India's JSW Energy to set up power plant in South Africa - Feb 14, 2012
- Tamil Nadu power generator to float tenders for two power projects - Jan 30, 2012
- DPSC posts Rs.3.64 crore net profit in Q1 - Aug 06, 2010
- Dikshit inaugurates 400 KV power sub-station in North West Delhi - Sep 30, 2010
- CESC's Haldia thermal power project by 2013-14 - Jul 29, 2011
- Andrew Yule, others offload stake in power utility - Nov 20, 2009
- Gemac-Sepco III partner for Tamil Nadu power project - May 04, 2010
- Orissa signs deals to generate 4,800 MW power (Lead) - Apr 09, 2010
- India, Bangladesh sign power plant deal - Jan 29, 2012
- Orissa signs agreements for five thermal power projects - Apr 09, 2010
- Coming up in Bihar, thermal, biomass power plants - Apr 14, 2011
- Kashmir's economic growth depends on power: Omar - Sep 04, 2012
- BHEL to commission piping plant in Tamil Nadu in April - Jan 30, 2012
Tags: accruals, andrew yule, coal plant, construction works, crore, distribution group, distribution segment, dpsc, haldia, hemant, india power, land construction, mw plant, power sector, power transmission and distribution, private equity market, private purchase, thermal coal, west bengal, wind power plant