IOB targets 20 percent business growth in 2012-13May 5th, 2012 - 10:07 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, May 5 (IANS) The government-owned Indian Overseas Bank (IOB) hopes to log 20 percent growth in its total business (deposits plus advances) this fiscal while hoping to rein its non performing assets (NPA) at the current level, a top bank official said Saturday.
“This year (2012-13) we are targeting a 20 percent growth in deposits and advances with a focus on profitability. We are targeting a total business of around Rs.385,000 crore to Rs.400,000 crore,” chairman and managing director M.Narendra told reporters here while announcing the bank’s annual results.
Last fiscal, the bank had logged a total business of Rs.321,707 crore (deposits Rs.178,434 crore and advances Rs.143,273 crore) up from Rs.259,020 crore (deposits Rs.145,229 crore and advances Rs.113,791 crore) posted during 2010-11.
“We will reign in our NPA levels at the current rate,” said Narendra when queried about the bank’s higher NPA last fiscal and the general economic slowdown.
The bank had logged a gross NPA of Rs.3,920.07 crore and a net NPA of Rs.1,907.44 crore up from Rs.3,089.59 crore and Rs.1,328.42 crore respectively posted during 2010-11.
For the period under review, IOB had earned a total income of Rs.19,578.13 crore and a net profit of Rs.1,050.13 crore as against Rs.13,326.56 crore and Rs.1,072.54 crore posted during 2010-11.
- Huge jump in Indian Bank's NPA - May 11, 2012
- Indian Bank posts 13 percent growth in net profit - Jul 23, 2012
- IOB plans recovery of Rs.1,500 crore from sticky accounts (Lead) - Jan 28, 2012
- City Union Bank targets 20-30 percent growth - May 18, 2012
- Indian Bank to convert Rs.400 crore preference shares to equity - Jan 30, 2012
- Vijaya Bank net zooms 235 percent in Q4 - Apr 30, 2012
- City Union Bank to raise Rs.250 crore through rights issue - Aug 03, 2012
- Canara Bank net up 79 percent in fourth quarter - May 05, 2011
- City Union Bank to expand reach - Jul 30, 2011
- City Union Bank to come out with rights issue - Jan 31, 2012
- Syndicate Bank quarterly net up 72 percent - May 12, 2011
- UCO Bank's net up 22.35 percent in Q3 - Jan 28, 2011
- United Bank's net up by 13.7 percent in Q2 - Oct 31, 2011
- No decision on savings account rate hike: City Union Bank - Nov 05, 2011
- Indian Bank to raise $500 mn for overseas operations - Jul 29, 2011
Tags: business deposits, business growth, crore, current rate, economic slowdown, indian overseas bank, iob, managing director, net profit, non performing assets, npa levels, profitability, rs 1, targets, year 2012