International Hospitality and Allied Industries fair from todayNovember 14th, 2007 - 1:47 am ICT by admin
The four-day fair is being organised by the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) at Pragati Maidan.
The IHF 2007 will provide a comprehensive forum for all the key elements of the hospitality and allied industries and would be an ideal business platform to meet the sourcing needs for the latest in food and beverage, bakery, food service, hospitality equipment, products, services and technology.
The culinary challenge will be part of IHF 2007 as a concurrent event with teams representing different hotel/restaurant chains. This challenge will take shape under the guidance of Chef Manjit Singh Gill of ITC Group of Hotels and a panel of renowned Judges would judge the competition.
Chef Gill will also steer the pastry challenge from October 9 to 11 during the fair.
The exhibitors will be allowed to offer different kinds of wine for tasting at their booths in addition to separate wine tasting sessions.
Lalit Bhasin, Managing Partner, Bhasin and Co. will moderate an interactive session on “Legal Issues in Hospitality Industry” on October 8.
Leading advocates Anusuya Salwan, Gyanendra Mishra and Mansoor Adil of Sarovar Park Plaza are the key panellists for the session.
The General Managers session will be held on October 9 during the event with an interactive session involving General Managers of leading hotels. The faculty of this section will include Francis Wacziarg of Neemrana Hotels, Renu Basu of Taj Hotels, Deepak Mowar of Parsvnath Group and Kapil Chopra of Trident Hotel.
Anil Ghei of Ascot Hotels will guide the teams from hotels and pubs for the bartending competition on October 10 along with a seminar on revenue management.
In association with Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad (IIM-A), the seminar will focus on hospitality as well as aviation professionals and will enhance their skills in revenue optimization and other allied issues.
The interactive session on “The Looming Crisis - Trained Manpower Shortage” will be organised on October 10. Noni Chawla of Omni Consult, N. S. Bhuie of National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology, Ashoke Bhalla of ITC Ltd. and Dr. Roy C. Wood of The Oberoi Centre of Learning and Development will be part of the panel.
The interactive session on “Financing, Equity and Operating Options for Hospitality Industry” on October 10 will be moderated by Archana Capoor, Chairperson and Managing Director, TFCI.
The other key speakers of the session will be Prem Subramaniam of Infrastructure Development Finance Co. Ltd. and Sanjay Sethi of Berggruen Hotels. (ANI)
- Michelin chef's Spanish delights with local Indian produce (Eating Out With IANS) - Dec 06, 2011
- Chef's table week, unique concept taking root in India (With Images) - Feb 19, 2012
- One person shot, injured near ITC Hotel in Mumbai - Jul 13, 2010
- Premier Asian food expo woos India's hospitality sector - Mar 16, 2010
- WBIDC to hand over land to ITC for production base - Sep 14, 2010
- IHF and IWHF form joint body, to hold election in October - Aug 12, 2010
- South Africa pushes its fruity presses in Indian wine mart (With Image) - Jun 07, 2012
- IHF rejects IOA's three-member panel - Aug 30, 2012
- Goa to host first Indian TV festival - Aug 03, 2012
- KPS Gill holds AGM of superseded IHF - Apr 25, 2010
- Gill turns down merger proposal with HI - Jun 24, 2011
- Hospitality sector doing brisk business in Bangalore - Sep 17, 2010
- Despite problems of matching, India's wine industry booming - Feb 05, 2012
- East India Hotels plans tie-up with RIL - Aug 10, 2011
- International Chef's Day observed in Coimbatore - Oct 20, 2009