International Conference on Disaster Reduction 2007 to be held on Nov 28November 14th, 2007 - 8:32 am ICT by admin
The conference is under the flagship of Global Forum for Disaster Reduction. A one-of-its kind attempt that connects the corporate world with the disaster mitigation efforts in the country will bring together eminent experts from India and abroad for an in-depth discussion.
“This conference will equip you with the right tools, modern strategies and new technologies which will bring radical changes to your enterprise risk management and will make your business efficient and your controls effective” said Satya Swaroop, Project Director, ICDR.
The conference will seek participation from various verticals such as Information Technology, Banking and Finance, Telecommunications, Insurance, Retail Industry, Government and Education. It will be attended by delegates from 12 countries.
Some of the eminent speakers include Prof. Ian Davis, Visiting Professor, Cranfield University, Anil Sinha, United Nations International Risk Recovery Platform, Etsuko Tsunozaki and M.S. Gowari Sanker, Asian Disaster Reduction Centre, Dr. Sanjay Srivastav , ISRO, Prof. Vinod Menon, National Disaster Management Authority, Abraham (Avi) Bachar, ISRATEAM 98 Ltd., Prof. Ravi Sinha, IIT, Dr. Manish Tripathi, IBM, Dilruba Haider Managing Partner, Oracle Communications, C.A Khushroo Panthaky, Grant Thornton, Vinay Disla, Wipro , Sunder Krishnan Reliance Life Insurance Company Limited and many more, who will share their experiences and best practices in implementing BCM in their organisations.
Israel is the country partner of this conference while knowledge partner is Grant Thornton. Other partners include IBM, JCB, TERI, WebEx Communications, Maharashtra Pollution Control Board, EXIM Bank, National Housing Bank and Global Trade Finance.
NEW MEDIA, as part of its commitment to serving society, initiated and established GLOBAL FORUM FOR DISASTER REDUCTION (GFDR) in 2004, with a mission of connecting governments, corporates and communities.
GFDR has taken several step and succeeded in creating a Platform for Public-Private Partnership. (ANI)
- International Conference on Disaster Reduction 2007 to begin today - Nov 28, 2007
- NDMA chief to attend global disaster meet - Jul 02, 2012
- Strengthen disaster warning mechanism: Home secretary - May 28, 2012
- IBM acquires Sterling Commerce from AT&T for $1.4 billion - May 25, 2010
- Mike Epps sued by photographer Douglas Thornton - Jan 11, 2011
- Government committed to provide affordable housing - Jun 10, 2011
- India to make disaster resilience audit must for industry - Aug 30, 2010
- IBM India to offer efficient energy solutions - Mar 12, 2012
- James Thornton is intent on leaving the soap 'Emmerdale' - Nov 29, 2011
- IBM unveils new virtual desktop solution in India - May 11, 2011
- Shakti Sinha is new DSIIDC CMD (With Image) - Jun 26, 2012
- Maharashtra gets lion's share of Padma awards 2012 - Jan 26, 2012
- IBM wins 10-year deal with Gujarat bank - Dec 28, 2009
- "Secondary disaster" concern as hurricane season approaches in Haiti - May 19, 2010
- India Disaster Management Congress begins in Delhi from Wednesday - Nov 03, 2009
Tags: business continuity management, conference on disaster reduction, cranfield university, disaster management, disaster recovery, exim bank, global trade finance, grant thornton, icdr, isro, jcb, national housing bank, nehru centre, partner oracle, professor, recovery platform, risk management, sunder krishnan, webex, wipro