Intel looking for channel partners for all-in-one computersJuly 18th, 2012 - 5:05 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, July 18 (IANS) Intel India is in talks with a number of channel partners, original design manufacturers (ODMs) and chassis vendors to offer All-in-One (AIO) computers, which as a segment have been growing steadily, a top company official said Wednesday.
“AIO desktops are gaining traction in the desktop market, driven mostly by the consumer segment, where their share is expected to grow steadily and hit 33 percent by the end of 2015,” said Rajiv Bhalla, director, sales and marketing.
“In India, the shipments for AIOs have been growing steadily for the last five quarters with an average of 50,000 shipments per quarter. Intel is in talks with channel partners, ODMs and chassis vendors to develop system solutions,” added Bhalla.
He said the AIOs will revive the desktop market which has witnessed a four percent growth year-on-year.
“Last year 2,60,000 units of AIOs were sold in India. We are expecting the sale of AIOs will revive the desktop segment which has been growing just by four percent.
The company, which launched smart phones recently, is looking for new partners.
“Currently, we have Lava as our partner in India, Orange in Europe and Lenovo in China for the smart phones. We are looking for more partners globally,” added Bhalla.
- Inflation affected PC sales in Q1 of 2012 in India: Gartner - May 25, 2012
- Lenovo pips Dell to become world's second largest PC maker - Oct 13, 2011
- India's PC market declines - Feb 15, 2012
- India's PC market grew 17 percent in Q2 of 2012 - Aug 28, 2012
- Sony to phase out feature phones by September - May 23, 2012
- Indian mobile handsets market grows 10 percent in 2011 - Mar 01, 2012
- India's mobile handsets sales cross 50 mn in Jan-March - Jul 03, 2012
- Lenovo unveils 12 new products, sees double-digit market share - Jun 23, 2010
- Intel Forecasts Enliven Wall Street, Stock Prices Soar Upwards - Jul 14, 2010
- Apple 'crowned' global smart phone leader - Aug 06, 2011
- India's computer sales up 33 percent in first quarter - May 23, 2010
- Personal Computer sales grow 2.5 percent in April-June - Aug 17, 2011
- India's mobile phone users spoilt for choice - Jun 05, 2011
- Computer sales up 7 percent in January-March quarter - Jun 12, 2009
- Intel launches second generation core processors - Jan 06, 2011
Tags: aio computers, aios, bhalla, channel partners, chassis, consumer segment, design manufacturers, desktop market, director sales, gaining traction, intel india, lava, lenovo, new partners, odms, original design, rajiv, sales and marketing, smart phones, system solutions