Insurance bonanza for milch animals in HaryanaJuly 6th, 2008 - 9:43 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, July 6 (IANS) The Haryana government has earmarked Rs.50 million ($1.2 million) for the insurance of milch animals of the Scheduled Castes families in the state for the current financial year. Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda said the farmers belonging to teh Scheduled Castes families would benefit under the livestock insurance scheme as 100 percent cost of premium would be borne by the state government.
Haryana has the world’s best breed of Murrah buffaloes and best breed of cows, Hariana. During the last financial year, about 75,000 milch cattle of families belonging to sthe Scheduled Castes were insured.
Hooda also referred to another livestock insurance scheme, funded by the central government in the state. Under this scheme, the milch animals of five districts namely Bhiwani, Rohtak, Jind, Jhajjar and Hisar were covered.
Under this scheme, the cost of insurance premium was borne on sharing basis by the central government (50 percent), state government (25 percent) and the owner of the milch animals (25 percent). More than 65,000 animals were insured with an expenditure of about Rs.40 million under this scheme.
- Stadium comes alive with buffaloes on the ramp! - Feb 22, 2012
- Murrah milk drives Haryana's white revolution - Aug 22, 2012
- Buffaloes to walk the ramp in Haryana - Feb 21, 2012
- Haryana insures 125,000 cattle head of farmers, dairy owners - Dec 19, 2008
- Haryana farmers can now own 'imported' calves - Nov 16, 2010
- Tamil Nadu to launch free cow-goat scheme Sep 15 - Jul 09, 2011
- Meghalaya to introduce health insurance scheme - Aug 02, 2011
- Now, workers in unorganised sector under health insurance scheme - Jan 12, 2012
- Insurers relieved as Tamil Nadu scraps health scheme - Jun 10, 2011
- Tamil Nadu government's decision to impact insurer - Jun 03, 2011
- With agitation over, Jind district returns to normalcy - Jan 27, 2011
- Haryana to import cattle semen - Dec 09, 2009
- Jats seek written assurance on quota (Lead) - Mar 26, 2011
- Revamped health insurance scheme launched - Jan 11, 2012
- Haryana to set up 200 hi-tech mini-dairies - Jul 02, 2012
Tags: 50 million, bonanza, breed of cows, buffaloes, castes, cattle, central government, chandigarh, chief minister, haryana government, hisar, hooda, insurance premium, insurance scheme, jhajjar, jind, livestock insurance, milch animals, rs 40, state government