Innovation centre to be set up at InfoparkFebruary 7th, 2011 - 7:04 pm ICT by IANS
Kochi, Feb 7 (IANS) Science and Technology Innovation Centre (STIC), envisaged as a platform to provide Sharjah-based businesses access to top-end talent and knowledge-based resources in the state, will be launched Tuesday at the Infopark campus here.The centre will be inaugurated by Hussain Mohammed Al Mahmoudi, director general of Sharjah Chamber of Commerce and Industry (SCCI), in the presence of Mana S. Sultan Al Suwaidi, UAE’s commercial attache to India.
STIC is a partnership venture between SCCI and Infopark Kochi, to be a window for the development of business between India and the Middle East.
A Memorandum of Understanding was signed for this between the SCCI and the Infopark Kochi in November 2009 when a Kerala IT team visited the UAE.
Infopark Kochi chief executive officer Binu Pazhoor said this will facilitate exchange of knowledge between Emirates of Sharjah and Kerala.
“The centre will help businesses from Sharjah and Kerala to actively engage and transfer science and technology from the lab to a global community to spearhead knowledge intensive industries and companies in the 21st Century,” said Pazhoor.
The centre will also comprise of institutional users targeted to the knowledge-based industries established and emerging in Kerala and work towards attracting Sharjah UAE-based firms to set up off shore information technology centres in Infopark or other technology parks in Kerala this year.
As part of the agreement, a Kerala ICT (Information and Communications Technology) delegation will visit Sharjah with an aim to attract IT-related business to be outsourced to companies in Kerala and work towards sharing expertise with SCCI and other Sharjah organisations.
- Cognizant, Ernst & Young to set up Kerala units - May 07, 2011
- IT, BPO complex project in Kerala's Infopark kicks off - Feb 20, 2011
- UAE companies happy with 19th IETF held in India - Feb 12, 2011
- Kozhikode Cyberpark gets Special Economic Zone tag - Jun 24, 2011
- First India-Sharjah Business and Cultural Forum to be launched - Nov 17, 2009
- UAE, UNESCO sign educational agreement - Sep 08, 2012
- Kerala IT team to visit global infotech fair - Mar 01, 2011
- Sharjah launches Auto Parts Week - Jun 07, 2010
- Sharjah seeks to boost trade with African countries - Feb 23, 2010
- Kerala IT to participate in Dubai GITEX Technology Week 2010 - Oct 14, 2010
- US Consul General McIntyre visits Kerala Infopark - Jun 14, 2012
- Cognizant expands its Kochi operations - Feb 07, 2012
- Handicrafts made by orphan girls showcased in Sharjah - Jul 23, 2010
- Achuthanandan to lay foundation stone of Kannur Cyberpark - Jan 13, 2011
- Kerala mulling cutting operating costs of IT firms - Jan 19, 2012
Tags: al suwaidi, based resources, chamber of commerce and industry, chief executive officer, commercial attache, communications technology, global community, infopark kochi, information technology centres, institutional users, intensive industries, kerala, knowledge based industries, mahmoudi, memorandum of understanding, partnership venture, scci, science and technology, technology innovation centre, technology parks