ING Life investing Rs.240 crore on expansionJuly 1st, 2010 - 10:40 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, July 1 (IANS) ING Life India is investing Rs.240 crore on its expansion plans in fiscal 2010-11, the Netherlands-based financial behemoth said Thursday.
“The additional capital will be utilised to expand our distribution network, improve productivity and efficiencies,” ING Insurance chief operation officer Tom McInerney told reporters here.
With the latest infusion, the cumulative or total capital invested since ING Vysya Life Insurance Company Ltd began operations in India in 2001 will be Rs.1,467 crore.
The company’s five-year expansion plan includes growing its business by five times and customer base to five million from over one million.
The company collected premium of Rs.1,643 crore in fiscal 2009-10 and manages Rs.4,500 crore.
With a cumulative average growth rate (CAGR) of 40 percent in premium income over the last five years, its asset under management achieved 66 percent CAGR in the same period.
The company has presence in 232 cities across the country with about 55,000 advisors and 6,500 employees. ING Vysya Bank is its bancassurance.
“We see our Asia-Pacific businesses leading the growth in insurance worldwide. Within Asia-Pacific, India is uniquely placed to be a frontrunner in this growth due to the huge opportunity its burgeoning economy offers,” McInerney said.
ING Life India chief executive Kshitij Jain said the company had focused on consolidating its business during the last 18 months and would focus on driving efficiency to achieve the ambitious targets set for the next five years.
- ING Vysya Life to raise equity base by Rs.227 crore - Aug 24, 2010
- Non-life insurers log 17 percent growth in first quarter - Jul 12, 2012
- Indian insurers asked to spread wings abroad - Jul 06, 2012
- Aegon Religare targeting Rs.500 crore premium in 2010-11 - Oct 08, 2010
- Canara HSBC Oriental Life to infuse Rs.300 crore - Apr 13, 2010
- Reliance Life Insurance in talk with banks for tie-up - Aug 19, 2012
- Shriram Life to tap clients of group companies - Jan 12, 2011
- United India to expand micro-offices, agency channel - Sep 18, 2012
- United India Insurance targets Rs.8,000 crore premium - Nov 10, 2011
- Murugappa group plans Rs.1,000 capex in 2012-13 - May 10, 2012
- Exide to expand in two, four-wheeler batteries - Jul 21, 2011
- Chola MS targets Rs.1,350 crore premium by March-end - Jan 02, 2012
- United India to cross Rs.8,000 crore premium - Feb 14, 2012
- Non-life insurers post 18 percent growth in May 2012 - Jun 28, 2012
- Star Health says it is in good health despite business loss - Jan 05, 2012
Tags: ambitious targets, asia pacific, bancassurance, behemoth, cagr, chief operation officer, company ltd, crore, cumulative average growth rate, distribution network, expansion plan, expansion plans, frontrunner, ing insurance, ing vysya bank, ing vysya life, ing vysya life insurance, life insurance company, next five years, tom mcinerney