Infosys urges Axon shareholders not to go for HCL bid (Lead)September 27th, 2008 - 1:25 am ICT by IANS
Bangalore, Sep 26 (IANS) IT bellwether Infosys Technologies Ltd urged Axon shareholders not to take any immediate action in response to a counter bid by HCL Technologies to rival its 600 pence a share offer to buy the British-based SAP specialist, the company said in a statement late Friday.“Infosys notes the announcement made earlier today by HCL Technologies. Infosys is considering its position and urges Axon shareholders to take no action at this time,” the statement said.
The company also said it would make a further announcement in due course.
The Bangalore-based global software major announced Aug 25 that it intended to buy Axon for 407 million pounds.
The New Delhi-based HCL has made a counter bid, offering to pay 650 pence per share.
- Axon investors approve buyout by HCL Technologies - Nov 25, 2008
- Infosys rules out hike in offer price for Axon - Oct 10, 2008
- HCL Technologies makes counter-bid for Axon - Sep 26, 2008
- Infosys in no hurry to outbid HCL for Axon - Oct 03, 2008
- Axon pitches for HCL offer, Infosys mulls options - Oct 02, 2008
- Axon shares jump after Infosys offer; counterbid predicted - Aug 26, 2008
- Integration of UK's Axon with Infosys to be considered after acquisition - Aug 27, 2008
- Infosys buys British consulting firm for $753 mn (Second Lead) - Aug 25, 2008
- Infosys ranked top for retail IT services - Dec 20, 2010
- Infosys acquires software business of New Zealand firm - Jun 08, 2011
- Infosys drops 'Technologies' from name - May 01, 2011
- HCL to develop software for US energy firm - Apr 23, 2012
- Infosys declares 400 percent final dividend for FY 2011 - Apr 15, 2011
- Infosys declares 200 percent interim dividend - Oct 15, 2010
- HCL completes Axon acquisition - Dec 15, 2008