Infosys to pick up most of IBMs support contract with Australias TelstraMarch 24th, 2009 - 6:45 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Mar.24 (ANI): Bangalore-based software giant Infosys will pick up most of IBM Global Services” multi-million dollar applications support contract with Australian software giant Telstra, after the latters deal with the former was scrapped following TELCO reducing its outsourcing partners from four to two.
According to The Australian, the decision to shift from IBM to Infosys could result in hundreds of job losses locally and in Bangalore, where IBM operates outsourcing centres.
IBM GS staff were told the scratching of the vendor’’s software support would represent about 50 per cent of its one billion dollar, six-year deal with Telstra, signed in early 2006.
Telstra’’s decision to drop IBM was a big surprise to IBM GS staff, who expected the contract to continue until 2012.
The deal was lost not because of performance issues but because Infosys low-balled the IBM offer, sources said.
Telstra has been reviewing its IT outsourcing contracts with Satyam, EDS, IBM GS and Infosys since last year, when the TELCO announced it would trim its list of major IT suppliers from four to two in an effort to reduce costs and streamline its providers. (ANI)
- Telstra cancels 32 m dollar deal with Satyam - Mar 17, 2009
- Belgium bank to deploy Infosys software product - Mar 24, 2012
- India's IT industry bets on growth despite uncertainty - Jan 08, 2012
- Microsoft outsources internal tech care to Infosys - Apr 14, 2010
- Subex bags deal from West Asian mobile operator - Mar 06, 2012
- Infosys ranked second in global outsourcing firms - Jul 23, 2012
- Indian IT major Infoys bags three-year Microsoft outsourcing deal - Apr 14, 2010
- BRIC revenues help push IBM profits - Apr 18, 2012
- Indian IT firms look to Europe to diversify business - Sep 15, 2010
- Tech Mahindra seeks end to eight-year World Bank ban on Satyam Computer Services - Jul 02, 2009
- European crisis hits profits of Infosys - Jul 13, 2010
- Shutdown hits India's tech hub partially (Lead) - May 31, 2012
- Satyam appoints new boss for ANZ - Jun 01, 2009
- Infosys net profit grows 2.21 pct in quarter four results - Apr 14, 2010
- HAL asks vendors to partner in progress - Jul 21, 2012
Tags: applications support, australian software, based software, contracts, eds, global services, infosys, job losses, melbourne, one billion, performance issues, software giant, software support, support contract, surprise, telstra