Infosys to get 50 acres near KolkataMarch 30th, 2010 - 9:48 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, March 30 (IANS) The West Bengal government will allot 50 acres of land to software major Infosys in New Town on the northeast fringes of the city in the next 10 days, Housing Minister Gautam Deb said here Tuesday.
“Infosys have agreed to take land in the state. We will sit with the IT minister (Debesh Das) and Housing Infrastructure Development Corporation officials to finalise the modalities. It will be done in 10 days,” said Deb.
Deb said each acre would cost Rs.1.5 crore.
Neither Infosys nor the state government have specified what the land would be used for.
Another IT company, Wipro, got 50 acres in January at the same price.
Both Infosys and Wipro had pulled out of the state after the government scrapped the IT hub project in Rajarhat last year following allegations that land sharks had been involved in acquisition of plots in the township.
- West Bengal promises Infosys maximum built-up space - Aug 25, 2010
- Infosys inks deal with West Bengal for 50-acre campus - Nov 23, 2010
- West Bengal offer 45 acres to Wipro, Infosys (Lead) - Sep 17, 2009
- Premji meets Buddhadeb over Wipro's new campus - Dec 08, 2010
- Open to probe on land acquisition: Bengal minister - Nov 23, 2010
- West Bengal scraps Infosys, Wipro projects (Lead) - Sep 07, 2009
- Bengal scraps IT township project - Sep 07, 2009
- Bengal scraps IT township project (Second Lead) - Sep 07, 2009
- Work on Infosys' Rajarhat centre to start in six months - Dec 06, 2010
- We can't change our anti-SEZ stand: Mamata - Apr 27, 2012
- Wipro seeks 50 acres for West Bengal unit - Oct 30, 2009
- Infosys, Wipro projects kept on hold, not scrapped: West Bengal - Sep 16, 2009
- CPI-M leader flays Mamata for land return announcement - Jun 25, 2011
- Wipro accepts West Bengal's land proposal (Lead) - Dec 10, 2009
- Mamata rules out SEZ for Infosys - Feb 27, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,