Infosys to buy US insurance back office firm for $38 mnNovember 12th, 2009 - 5:29 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, Nov 12 (IANS) Infosys Technologies will acquire the US-based insurance business process solutions provider McCamish Systems for $38 million (Rs.1.77 billion/Rs.177 crore) in an all-cash deal, the IT bellwether said Thursday.
In a regulatory filing, the global software major said it would pay an additional $20 million (Rs.930 million/Rs.93 crore) to the back office firm if it achieved certain financial targets in the future.
“The acquisition is expected to enhance our capability to deliver end-to-end business solutions for the insurance and financial service industries,” the company said.
The $38-million McCamish provides solutions to insurance and financial services.
“The deal will enable us to bring together a convergence of operations and technology and reinforce our leadership in providing business platform services,” said Amitab Chaudhry, chief executive of Infosys business process outsourcing (BPO) subsidiary, in a statement later.
As part of Infosys’ BPO subsidiary, McCamish will service large portfolios of transactions for clients and expand into global markets.
- Infosys lowers guidance for fiscal 2013 (Lead) - Apr 13, 2012
- Infosys to expand back office operations in Poland - Sep 06, 2010
- Infosys returns to double-digit growth, ups guidance again (Lead) - Oct 15, 2010
- Infosys to partner with US institute for research - Jun 08, 2010
- Buoyant Indian IT industry rebounds but remains cautious (2010 in Retrospect) - Dec 30, 2010
- Infosys to acquire management consultancy firm Lodestone - Sep 10, 2012
- Belgium bank to deploy Infosys software product - Mar 24, 2012
- Infosys to hire 2,000 people in US by end 2012 - Jul 24, 2012
- Wipro buying US firm's IT business for $150 mn - Apr 01, 2011
- Huawei unveils gigabit switches for Indian enterprises - Jun 25, 2012
- Infosys bags Rs.700 crore order from India Post - Aug 09, 2012
- Wipro buys Australian analytics firm - May 01, 2012
- IIM-Calcutta graduates bag Rs.2 mn in average salary - May 21, 2012
- TCS subsidiary bags $2.2 billion contract - Nov 09, 2011
- TCS sees robust demand for IT outsourcing in new fiscal - Mar 07, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,