Infosys rules out hike in offer price for AxonOctober 10th, 2008 - 4:01 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, Oct 10 (IANS) Infosys Technologies Friday ruled out increasing its original offer price of 600 pence per share to buy the Britain-based Axon Group plc.”After careful consideration, the board of Infosys has concluded that it will not increase the price of its original offer dated 25 August 2008,” the IT bellwether said in a statement here.
Following a counter-bid by the New Delhi-based HCL Technologies at 650 pence per share Sep 26 to acquire the SAP specialist, Axon announced the withdrawal of its recommendation of Infosys’ offer and its intent to unanimously recommend the higher offer when made.
“Infosys has fast-growing and profitable SAP-led business transformation practice. The company is confident that its decision will have no material impact on its strategic plans,” the statement added.
- Axon investors approve buyout by HCL Technologies - Nov 25, 2008
- Infosys urges Axon shareholders not to go for HCL bid (Lead) - Sep 27, 2008
- HCL Technologies makes counter-bid for Axon - Sep 26, 2008
- Axon pitches for HCL offer, Infosys mulls options - Oct 02, 2008
- Axon shares jump after Infosys offer; counterbid predicted - Aug 26, 2008
- HCL to develop software for US energy firm - Apr 23, 2012
- Infosys declares 400 percent final dividend for FY 2011 - Apr 15, 2011
- Nigerian bank deploys Infosys' Finacle software - Apr 16, 2012
- HCL Technologies net profit surges 62 percent - Jul 27, 2011
- Infosys in no hurry to outbid HCL for Axon - Oct 03, 2008
- Axon buyout will protect Infosys from US slowdown: CEO - Aug 27, 2008
- IIM-Calcutta graduates bag Rs.2 mn in average salary - May 21, 2012
- Infosys buys British consulting firm for $753 mn (Second Lead) - Aug 25, 2008
- Infosys acquires software business of New Zealand firm - Jun 08, 2011
- Infosys bets on double-digit growth again; beats guidance (Lead) - Apr 15, 2011