Infosys ranked second in global outsourcing firmsJuly 23rd, 2012 - 8:51 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, July 23 (IANS) Indian IT bellwether Infosys Ltd has been ranked second in the 2012 global outsourcing list of 100 top firms by the International Association of Outsourcing Professionals (IAOP) for its excellent performance across four parameters.
“The new ranking on this year’s global outsourcing list is a validation of our 3.0 strategy gaining traction and providing value to customers,” Infosys vice-president Suketu Patel said in a statement here Monday.
The $7 billion global software major was assessed and judged by an independent panel of outsourcing buyers and academics on its size and growth, customer references, organisational competencies and management capabilities.
“We have seen tremendous growth, maturity and expansion of services among outsourcing service providers. Judges were impressed with the relationship Infosys has with its clients, which appreciated the value they receive from their engagements,” IAOP managing director Jag Dalal said in the statement.
The US-based IAOP is a global, standard-setting organisation and an advocate for the outsourcing profession.
- Nigerian bank deploys Infosys' Finacle software - Apr 16, 2012
- Infosys among top service providers in China - Jul 13, 2012
- Wipro appoints new global head for back office operations - Jun 13, 2011
- Australian mining firm picks Wipro for IT solution - Jun 15, 2012
- Infosys wins knowledge enterprise award - Dec 13, 2010
- Namibian bank deploys Infosys core banking product - Mar 14, 2012
- Wipro Infocrossing to set up new data centre in US - Nov 17, 2010
- Buoyant Indian IT industry rebounds but remains cautious (2010 in Retrospect) - Dec 30, 2010
- Infosys ranked top for retail IT services - Dec 20, 2010
- Wipro buying US firm's IT business for $150 mn - Apr 01, 2011
- Infosys to hire 2,000 people in US by end 2012 - Jul 24, 2012
- Belgium bank to deploy Infosys software product - Mar 24, 2012
- Infosys braces to face twin challenges of clients - Jun 09, 2012
- Airtel ropes in Infosys for mobile wallet service - Feb 27, 2012
- TCS profit jumps 37.4 percent in April-June quarter - Jul 12, 2012
Tags: academics, advocate, bellwether, competencies, customer references, dalal, engagements, gaining traction, global software, iaop, independent panel, infosys, management capabilities, managing director, maturity, outsourcing buyers, outsourcing firms, outsourcing professionals, service providers, validation