Infosys employee held for wife’s murderAugust 14th, 2010 - 2:55 am ICT by IANS
Bangalore, Aug 14 (IANS) Satish Kumar Gupta, a senior employee of the Infosys Technologies Ltd, was detained late Friday in connection with the murder of his wife Priyanka here, police said.
“He has been detained and will be produced before a magistrate late Friday when the arrest will become effective,” a spokesperson of the Bangalore police told IANS.
Priyanka, a teacher in Delhi Public School in the southern suburb of this tech hub, was found dead in her flat early Tuesday, with her throat slit and hands and legs tied.
In a statement, Satish, a senior manager in the IT bellwether’s human resource department, had told the police that when he went for a morning walk at around 5.40 a.m., his wife called him on his mobile to check if he had asked anyone to supply newspapers, as two unidentified persons were standing at the door telling he had sent them to the house and to open the door.
“I told her that I did not send anyone and that she should not open the door but carry on with her yoga session. When I returned at around 6.40 a.m. I found the door locked and there was no response to the door bell or her mobile. I thought she would have gone back to sleep. Then I went to office to bring the duplicate keys and was shocked to find her dead on entering the house,” Satish, 32, said in the statement to the police.
City Joint Police Commissioner (crime) Alok Kumar had said after visiting the second floor rented house of the couple, “We are not clear why Gupta didn’t inform the police immediately or inquired from neighbours about the crime.
“How could the main door have remained locked and her throat slit? How and from where did the assailants enter the house? We are investigating the case from all angles to solve the mystery,” Kumar said.
The couple hailed from Lucknow and were married four years back. They had no children.
Satish told the police that gold, jewellery and some other valuables worth Rs. 2.5 lakh were missing from the house though a gold chain around Priyanka’s neck and a gold ring on her finger were intact on her body.
“We are trying to ascertain how the murder took place as Gupta claimed that he was not present at home at the time of crime and was shocked to find her blood-soaked body with throat slit,” Kumar had said.
- Wife of Infosys employee found murdered in Bangalore - Aug 10, 2010
- Infosys employee confesses to wife's murder - Aug 14, 2010
- Husband murders wife, daughters, kills self in Gurgaon - Apr 20, 2012
- Guard confesses to murdering Mumbai lawyer, act premediated: Police (Lead) - Aug 10, 2012
- Bangalore driver found guilty of techie's murder (Second Lead) - Oct 06, 2010
- Two held for murder in Delhi - Oct 21, 2011
- Brother murders NRI sister - May 04, 2011
- Woman lawyer murdered in Karnataka High Court (Lead) - Jul 08, 2010
- Woman murdered in north Delhi - Oct 16, 2011
- Woman arrested for torturing six-year-old son - Mar 11, 2012
- Aarushi-Hemraj murders: Four years of a whodunit - May 14, 2012
- Man held for father's murder - Jul 25, 2012
- Guard confesses to murdering Mumbai lawyer - Aug 10, 2012
- Four arrested for murders in Kolkata - Sep 09, 2012
- Woman sets herself, daughter on fire - Dec 31, 2011
Tags: assailants, bellwether, delhi public school, duplicate keys, early tuesday, gold jewellery, gupta, human resource department, infosys technologies ltd, lakh, lucknow, magistrate, police commissioner, satish kumar, southern suburb, spokesperson, throat slit, unidentified persons, worth rs, yoga session