Infosys drops ‘Technologies’ from nameMay 1st, 2011 - 3:52 am ICT by IANS
Bangalore, April 30 (IANS) India’s second largest IT bellwether Infosys has dropped ‘Technologies’ from the company’s name as part of its re-branding exercise.
In a regulatory filing late Saturday, the company said its board had approved the change the name to Infosys Ltd from Infosys Technologies Ltd.
“We have decided to re-name the company as part of our re-branding exercise. The brand Infosys is so strong that we felt ‘Technologies’ is no longer required in line with its profile with a broad range of end-to-end services,” Infosys’ newly appointed co-chairman S. Gopalakrishnan told reporters here.
The company will seek shareholders’ approval on the proposal at its ensuing 30th annual general meeting June 11.
The decision to rename the company came on a day its board decided to appoint renowned banker K.V. Kamath as its new chairman in place of incumbent and co-founder N.R. Narayana Murthy, who will retire Aug 21 on attaining 65 years of age.
- Infosys names K.V. Kamath as new chairman (Third Lead) - Apr 30, 2011
- Infosys inducts four new directors - Jun 11, 2011
- Renowned banker K.V. Kamath new Infosys chairman (Night Lead) - May 01, 2011
- Co-founder Narayana Murthy bids adieu to Infosys - Aug 19, 2011
- Banker Kamath to succeed Narayana Murthy at Infosys (Roundup) - May 01, 2011
- Infosys braces to face twin challenges of clients - Jun 09, 2012
- Infosys to decide on Narayana Murthy's successor April 30 - Apr 15, 2011
- Bill Gates wishes Murthy as he retires from Infosys - Aug 20, 2011
- K.V. Kamath to head Infosys (Lead) - Apr 30, 2011
- K.V. Kamath named Infosys chairman (Second Lead, correcting date in Para 2) - Apr 30, 2011
- Infosys swaps global business heads - Feb 03, 2012
- Ex-IITian is the new Infosys co-chairman - May 01, 2011
- Infosys not to have co-chairman, post-Nilekani - Jul 10, 2009
- Can Kamath, the risk taker, change the de-risking mindset in Infosys? (Comment) - May 01, 2011
- Infosys to have non-founder chairman up to age of 70 - May 01, 2011