Infosys bags global services deal from UK pharma firmDecember 15th, 2008 - 9:37 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, Dec 15 (IANS) Infosys Technologies has bagged a five-year, multi-million dollar global services contract from British pharma major AstraZeneca, the IT bellwether announced here Monday.As part of the deal, Infosys will provide application maintenance services to AstraZeneca’s global operations in manufacturing, supply chain, finance, human resources and other functions, the company said in a statement.
“The deal will enable AstraZeneca to accelerate innovation and bring products to markets faster, besides improving operational efficiency,” Infosys chief executive S. Gopalakrishnan said.
To be delivered under its global shared-services model, the engagement will be based on fixed price for outcome-based deliverables and flexible unit pricing for managing changes.
The model will allow the $30-billion AstraZeneca to achieve operational flexibility, lower risk and better spend control.
“We chose Infosys as a strategic partner for its understanding of the shifting dynamics in the pharmaceutical industry. Its outsourcing expertise, technology leadership and track record in standardising business process have made us to renew and enlarge our existing engagement,” AstraZeneca chief information officer Richard Williams said.
AstraZeneca is transforming its operations in phases, beginning with its facilities across Britain and the Nordics and subsequently in the US, Europe, Latin America and Asia.
- Belgium bank to deploy Infosys software product - Mar 24, 2012
- Infosys to hire 2,000 people in US by end 2012 - Jul 24, 2012
- Nigerian bank deploys Infosys' Finacle software - Apr 16, 2012
- Infosys among top service providers in China - Jul 13, 2012
- British drugmaker to invest $200 mn in China - Jan 05, 2012
- Indian IT industry can bounce to double-digit growth: Infosys (Interview) - Oct 12, 2009
- Infosys braces to counter visa fraud charge in US - May 25, 2011
- Infosys drops 'Technologies' from name - May 01, 2011
- Infosys ups revenue forecast on greater demand for services (Lead) - Jul 13, 2010
- Infosys ranked second in global outsourcing firms - Jul 23, 2012
- Infosys bags Rs.700 crore order from India Post - Aug 09, 2012
- Double-digit growth turning point for IT industry: Infosys - Oct 15, 2010
- Australian mining firm picks Wipro for IT solution - Jun 15, 2012
- Buoyant Indian IT industry rebounds but remains cautious (2010 in Retrospect) - Dec 30, 2010
- Pharma bigwigs join hands for new TB drug - Jun 27, 2012
Tags: chief information officer, flexible unit, global shared services, gopalakrishnan, infosys technologies, manufacturing supply, operational efficiency, operational flexibility, outsourcing expertise, technology leadership