Infosys among top service providers in ChinaJuly 13th, 2012 - 9:54 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, July 13 (IANS) The Chinese subsidiary of the Indian IT bellwether Infosys Ltd has been ranked among t e top 10 global service providers in China by the council for international investment promotion.
“The recognition is a testimony of our commitment to the IT industry in China. We continue to invest and expand our footprint in the region where we are focused on delivering growth to our local and global clients through diversified portfolio of offerings, including transformation, innovation and operation requirements,” Infosys China chief executive Rangarajan Vellamore said in a statement Friday.
The global software major had set up its China subsidiary in 2004 and expanded its presence with development centres in Shanghai, Hangzhou and Beijing, besides a sales office in Hong Kong and a global education centre at Jiaxing.
Employing over 3,000 people in its operations, the subsidiary posted revenue of $102 million in last fiscal (2011-12).
“We are also developing a new campus at Zizhu science and technology park in Shanghai, ” Vellamore said.
- Infosys to start new campus in Shanghai - May 21, 2011
- Belgium bank to deploy Infosys software product - Mar 24, 2012
- Infosys to hire 35,000 techies this fiscal - Apr 13, 2012
- Infosys to hire 2,000 people in US by end 2012 - Jul 24, 2012
- Infosys expands operations in Japan - Jun 25, 2012
- Infosys expands Singapore operations, to hire more - Oct 19, 2011
- Infosys to train British youth in software skills - May 09, 2012
- Four deals signed on last day of Patil's China visit - May 31, 2010
- Indian economy may grow at 8 percent in 2012-13: Rangarajan (Lead) - Feb 22, 2012
- Infosys opens development centre in Brazil - Dec 15, 2009
- Wipro leading IT service provider in Saudi Arabia - Dec 05, 2011
- Infosys to expand back office operations in Poland - Sep 06, 2010
- Emami to open plants in Bangladesh and Egypt - Jul 06, 2012
- Infosys back-office gets top energy rating - Dec 15, 2010
- Microsoft eyes opportunities in China's push for innovation - Sep 18, 2012
Tags: bangalore, beijing, bellwether, chief executive, china subsidiary, diversified portfolio, education centre, footprint, global clients, global education, global service providers, global software, hangzhou, infosys, international investment, investment promotion, jiaxing, science and technology, shanghai, technology park