Inflation rises to - 1.53 percentAugust 20th, 2009 - 4:12 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Aug 20 (ANI): The rate of inflation has increased to - 1.53 percent for the week ended August 8 against the - 1.74 percent in the previous week.
It rose despite increase in prices of food articles.
Bajra and urad prices rose by two per cent each while condiments, spices, arhar, and fruit and vegetables became more expensive by one per cent.
However, the prices of jowar came down by four per cent, barley by two per cent, and moong by one per cent. (ANI)
- Inflation falls to (-) 1.58 percent - Aug 06, 2009
- Inflation continues to be negative at minus 1.74 percent - Aug 13, 2009
- India's annual food price inflation up over 13 percent - Nov 05, 2009
- Vegetables, pulses push inflation to 19.83 per cent - Dec 31, 2009
- Inflation rate rises to 1.21 percent - Oct 22, 2009
- Inflation slips to three-decade low, at 0.13 per cent - Jun 11, 2009
- Inflation rates up to 0.31 percent - Apr 02, 2009
- Inflation declines for the tenth consecutive week - Jan 15, 2009
- Inflation further dips to -1.55 per cent - Jul 09, 2009
- India's food inflation ups further to 19 percent (Lead) - Dec 10, 2009
- Mukherjee hopes overall inflation to decline to seven percent by March end - Feb 14, 2011
- Higher food prices push inflation to 9.73 percent - Nov 14, 2011
- Fruits, milk push food inflation to 8.55 percent - May 26, 2011
- Food inflation rises marginally to 8.76 percent - Apr 28, 2011
- Food inflation falls a bit - Jun 02, 2011