Inflation dips to 0.48 percent after four-week riseMay 14th, 2009 - 2:09 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 14 (IANS) India’s annual rate of inflation fell to 0.48 percent for the week ended May 2 from 0.7 the week before, official data showed Thursday.
The annual rate of inflation has been rising for four consecutive weeks since the week ended April 4, when it was at 0.18 percent, and continued to rise to reach 0.7 percent the week ended April 26 before dipping to 0.48 percent.
Among the three main commodity groups, the indices for manufactured products and primary articles both rose 0.4 percent.
The index for fuel, power, light and lubricants rose 0.2 percent to 323.7 (provisional) from 323 (provisional) for the previous week due to higher prices of furnace oil, naphtha and light diesel oil.
However, the index of bitumen and aviation turbine fuel declined 1 percent.
Between May 2 and April 26, the wholesale price index rose 0.4 percent to 231.6 (provisional) from 230.7 (provisional) the week before, data released by the commerce and industry ministry showed.
Declining inflation rate does not necessarily mean that prices have fallen, but that the rate of rise in prices has come down, not the actual prices.
- Inflation dips to 0.48 percent after four-week rise (Lead) - May 14, 2009
- Food inflation falls a bit - Jun 02, 2011
- After 13 weeks, inflation turns positive at 0.12 percent (Second Lead) - Sep 17, 2009
- After 13 weeks, inflation turns positive at 0.12 percent (Lead) - Sep 17, 2009
- Food inflation rises marginally to 8.76 percent - Apr 28, 2011
- Fruits, milk push food inflation to 8.55 percent - May 26, 2011
- India's inflation rate rises marginally to 0.7 percent (Lead) - May 08, 2009
- India's inflation rate marginally up at 0.7 percent - May 08, 2009
- Inflation eases a tad to 9.22 percent in July - Aug 16, 2011
- India's annual inflation rate rises to 0.61 percent - May 21, 2009
- Australian consumer prices go up - Apr 02, 2012
- Food inflation dips to six-year low, relief for consumer (Second Lead) - Dec 29, 2011
- Food inflation dips to 0.42 percent; WPI may fall to 6 percent: Pranab (Lead) - Dec 29, 2011
- Inflation rate up to 0.61 percent - May 21, 2009
- Inflation inches up, analysts expect rate hike (Lead) - Jul 14, 2011
Tags: annual rate of inflation, april 4, aviation, bitumen, commodity groups, consecutive weeks, diesel oil, furnace oil, India, industry ministry, inflation dips, inflation rate, lubricants, naphtha, New Delhi, rate of inflation, turbine fuel, wholesale, wholesale price index