Indyarocks announces online short film festivalNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:26 am ICT by admin
The festival which is scheduled to begin from today will conclude on December 15.
Nikhil Acharya, a well known and upcoming short film maker will be the festival director.
The duration of the film submitted should be between one-ten minutes.
Film enthusiasts can shoot films using their digital cameras, camcorders, or even their cell phones.
There are four categories under which the films can be submitted - fiction/experimental, documentary, animation and mobile. There will be a special viewers choice award and six jury awards.
Short films are an under-appreciated and under-exposed art in India and Indyarocks wants to be an advocate for the short film world.
“Indyarocks has consistently added new features in its platform to expand its popularity and attract Indians across the globe. The two month online short film festival is one such an important initiative,” said Kalyan Manyam, Head of India operations.
He also added, “One can make a short film based on every day events and submit the film for the festival before November 18.” (ANI)
- Indyarocks offers free access to 16 video channels - May 26, 2009
- Canon India teams with FTII to hone film-making talent - Sep 27, 2010
- Pakistanis win global award for film on drones - May 12, 2012
- Deccan Chargers tie up with Mojostreet - Apr 16, 2012
- Now, 'Gattu' going to Germany - Jun 25, 2012
- Mojostreet launches real world mobile game for smartphones - Dec 07, 2011
- Indyarocks.com introduces free and endless casual games - Feb 28, 2008
- Mojostreet adds Cafe Coffee Day to its portfolio - Feb 06, 2012
- Films on Tagore at international fest in Agartala - Sep 01, 2011
- Indian, world cinema set new trends at Osian's film fest (Review) - Aug 06, 2012
- Matching global trends, IFFI tries many firsts - Nov 11, 2011
- SCRIPT 2012 film fest invites entries - Oct 13, 2011
- UAE short films to participate in Cannes 2012 - Mar 16, 2012
- Carving space for real films on real people - Feb 04, 2011
- Curtains come down on 42nd IFFI (Review) - Dec 04, 2011
Tags: acharya, audience, camcorders, digital cameras, digital content, experimental documentary, family and friends, festival director, film enthusiasts, film maker, film world, india operations, jury awards, kalyan, nikhil, offline world, short film festival, short films, viewers choice award, vishnu