Industrial redevelopment: Delhi government blames MCD, DDA for delayNovember 20th, 2010 - 10:10 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 20 (IANS) The Delhi government Saturday blamed the Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD) and Delhi Development Authority (DDA) for delay in implementation of its redevelopment plan for the city’s industrial areas.
The national capital recently got its own industrial act, providing the government a mechanism to ensure maintenance and development of the city’s industrial areas.
Speaking to reporters, Delhi’s Industries Minister Haroon Yusuf said that of the 29 industrial areas in the city, the state government has at present control over only four of them while the rest are still under control of the DDA and MCD.
“So far the industrial areas have not been handed over by DDA and MCD to the Delhi State Industrial and Infrastructure Development Corporation (DSIIDC). However, the government has already done a survey of these areas and also prepared a blueprint,” Yusuf said.
As per the provisions of the Delhi Industrial Development, Operation and Maintenance Bill, 2010, nearly 22 areas with 70 percent industrial concentration have been notified by the government for redevelopment in accordance with the Master Plan-2021.
The DSIIDC is the agency of the government for development and maintenance of infrastructure in all industrial estates, including those being maintained by the MCD.
The new act empowers DSIIDC to redevelop industrial clusters in non-conforming areas as well.
- Delhi gets its own industrial act - Jul 23, 2010
- MCD told to shift out factories - Sep 20, 2011
- 22 industrial clusters to be redeveloped in Delhi - Jun 11, 2012
- 4,472 industries to exit Delhi residential areas - Jan 13, 2012
- DSIIDC allots 304 industrial plots - Mar 19, 2011
- Delhi's 22 industrial areas to be redeveloped - Jul 18, 2010
- DSIIDC wants service sector in industrial estates - Jan 01, 2012
- Redevelopment of Delhi's industrial estates on PPP mode - Dec 17, 2011
- Political tussle over Delhi industrial estates intensifies - Jun 22, 2011
- Delhi industry bodies attack mayor - May 15, 2011
- DSIIDC to develop four industrial estates - Nov 27, 2011
- Delhi to provide shelter to migrant workers - Jan 08, 2012
- DSIIDC allots 51 industrial plots - Sep 22, 2011
- Delhi's polluting industries to be made hi-tech - Jan 10, 2010
- DSIIDC to float liquor trade firms - Jul 31, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,