Industrial production in Spain fallsAugust 9th, 2012 - 12:55 pm ICT by IANS
Madrid, Aug 9 (IANS) Industrial production in Spain fell by 6.9 percent between June 2011 and June 2012, the Spanish Statistical Institute (INE) reported.
According to the industrial production index, over the last year industrial production dropped by 6.9 percent in Spain. It has fallen 5.4 percent compared with May, reported Xinhua.
The drop in industrial production, which fell 6.3 percent in the first semester of the year, has affected all industries.
The capital goods industry has suffered the biggest drop, 13.4 percent.
The non-durable consumer goods (such as food or raw materials) suffered an annual decline of 2.5 percent and durable consumer goods production (such as houses or cars) fell by 12.9 percent.
- Spanish economy shrinks - Aug 29, 2012
- Industrial output grows at 0.1 percent in April - Jun 12, 2012
- Robust March industrial output may not be maintained - May 12, 2011
- Industrial output in July grows at 0.1 percent - Sep 12, 2012
- India's industrial output rises 8.8 percent in June - Aug 12, 2011
- India's factory output rises 5.9 percent in November - Jan 12, 2012
- Downward revision of Spain's GDP data - Aug 28, 2012
- South Korea's industrial output shrinks in October - Nov 30, 2011
- Spanish economy contracts - Jul 31, 2012
- IIP grows 0.1 percent in July, government calls meeting to revive manufacturing (Lead) - Sep 12, 2012
- Rising interest rates affect industrial output, lowest in over 2 years - Nov 11, 2011
- Home sales fall in Spain - Aug 11, 2011
- India's industrial output up 6.8 percent in January (Lead) - Mar 12, 2012
- India's industrial output dips 3.5 percent in March (Roundup) - May 11, 2012
- Industrial output grows 4.1 percent; rate cut possible (Lead) - Apr 12, 2012