IndiGo launches new services from AhmedabadNovember 20th, 2008 - 10:33 pm ICT by IANS
Ahmedabad, Nov 20 (IANS) Low-cost domestic airline IndiGo Airlines Thursday announced new non-stop daily flights from Ahmedabad to five other cities - New Delhi, Mumbai, Jaipur, Hyderabad and Chennai. “With this we will now be having 121 daily flights connecting 17 destinations in the country,” IndiGo president Aditya Ghosh told reporters here.
Defying the economic gloom that gripped the aviation industry, he said: “IndiGo is different. We have no retrenchment plans. We are hiring people in Ahmedabad.”
IndiGo has employed 2,100 people in the country.
Terming IndiGo as the youngest airline in the country, Ghosh said Ahmedabad was the industrial capital and business hub of western India.
“With the expanded network of IndiGo from Ahmedabad, people of Gujarat will be able to experience the award winning service known for its affordable fares, hassle-free and on time travel,” he said.
“We now have 18 A320s and the 19th aircraft will be coming later this month,” Ghosh said, adding all these aircraft are on lease basis.
Asked whether IndiGo has plans to launch Ahmedabad-Surat-Mumbai flight, Ghosh said: “We certainly can look at it.”
- IndiGo to launch six new flights from April 20 - Apr 18, 2012
- IndiGo begins international operations - Sep 01, 2011
- IndiGo launches Dubai-Hyderabad daily flight - Aug 07, 2012
- IndiGo launches seven new flights - Feb 01, 2011
- IndiGo to commence Delhi-Dubai flights from Sep 1 - Jun 14, 2011
- IndiGo to go ahead with fleet expansion - Jan 10, 2012
- IndiGo to launch four flights connecting Indore - Mar 30, 2011
- IndiGo to buy 180 Airbus aircraft for $15 billion (Roundup) - Jan 12, 2011
- Pratt and Whitney engines to power new IndiGo aircraft - Mar 31, 2011
- IndiGo launches five new domestic flights - Dec 23, 2011
- IndiGo to fly to Coimbatore from Nov 30 - Nov 19, 2010
- Better deals in offing for those flying abroad - Mar 06, 2011
- Indigo expands network, adds six new flights - Apr 29, 2009
- IndiGo defends itself, says passenger safety paramount (Lead) - Jan 09, 2012
- IndiGo to expand global operations from Mumbai - Sep 30, 2011