IndiGo launches Dubai-Hyderabad daily flightAugust 7th, 2012 - 10:43 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, Aug 7 (IANS) IndiGo Airlines Tuesday launched its new daily Dubai-Hyderabad flight with an Airbus-320 aircraft.
The first flight landed at Rajiv Gandhi International Airport (RGIA) from Dubai at 11.05 a.m. and received a traditional water canon salute welcome at the airport in the presence of RGIA and IndiGo Airlines officials.
The new Dubai-Hyderabad flight will be IndiGo Airlines’ first international service to Hyderabad, and its first service from Dubai to south India.
The flight, 6E-25 will depart Dubai at 5.35 a.m. (local time) and arrive at Hyderabad at 11.05 a.m. In the return direction, 6E-26 will depart Hyderabad at 1.20 p.m., and arrive at Dubai at 3.45 p.m.(local time), said a release from GMR Hyderabad International Airport Limited (GHIAL).
“With more than 500,000 Telugu people in United Arab Emirates, this new service will enhance connectivity between Dubai and Hyderabad. IndiGo plays an important role in promoting tourism and Hyderabad has always been a favorite holiday destination for the UAE residents,” said GHIAL CEO Vikram Jaisinghani.
“The launch of the new flight on Dubai-Hyderabad-Dubai sector further strengthens our position in the India-Middle East market. We feel with IndiGo’s service on the route, more and more people will be able to take the advantage of its affordable fares and great service,” said IndiGo president Aditya Ghosh.
With the introduction of this new Hyderabad-Dubai service, IndiGo will operate four daily flights on India-Dubai routes including two daily flights on Delhi-Dubai-Delhi and a flight on Mumbai-Dubai-Mumbai sector.
- No growth in passenger traffic at Hyderabad airport - Aug 23, 2012
- Super jumbo makes emergency landing at Hyderabad airport - Oct 23, 2011
- IndiGo begins international operations - Sep 01, 2011
- Cathay Pacific announces Hyderabad-Hong Kong flight - Aug 23, 2012
- Cathay Pacific launches cargo service to Hyderabad - May 17, 2012
- IndiGo to expand global operations from Mumbai - Sep 30, 2011
- Hyderabad airport aiming to become a cargo hub - Apr 12, 2012
- Flydubai launches Hyderabad-Dubai flights - Jun 15, 2011
- Hyderabad airport handled 8.6 million passengers last year - Apr 12, 2012
- Return passengers to lounge if take-off delayed: Apex court - Jul 08, 2011
- IndiGo to launch six new flights from April 20 - Apr 18, 2012
- GMR launches 'Fly via Hyderabad' campaign in Chhattisgarh - Jan 27, 2012
- Hyderabad international airport bags award - Feb 29, 2012
- Hyderabad airport gets greenhouse certification - Apr 02, 2012
- IndiGo flight makes emergency landing at Hyderabad - Sep 01, 2009
Tags: aditya, airbus 320 aircraft, ceo, first flight, ghosh, gmr, holiday destination, indigo airlines, launch, local time, middle east market, rajiv gandhi international airport, return direction, rgia, salute, south india, telugu, traditional water, united arab emirates, vikram