India’s September exports grow 36 percent to $24.82 bnNovember 1st, 2011 - 1:24 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 1 (IANS) India’s exports in September grew at a slower rate than the past few months, rising 36.36 percent to $24.82 billion compared to $18.2 billion during the corresponding month of the previous year, official data showed Tuesday.
The cumulative value of exports for the first half of the current fiscal has risen 52.08 percent at $160.04 billion against $105.24 billion during the like period last year, according to data released by the ministry of commerce and industry.
Imports grew 17.2 percent to $34.58 billion in September, resulting in a monthly trade deficit of $9.67 billion.
The total imports in the current fiscal till September went up to $233.5 billion, a rise of 32.41 percent against $176.36 billion in the first six months of 2010-11.
The trade deficit for the April-September period now stands at $73.46 billion.
In the month under review, oil imports amounted to $9.2 billion, a 14.62 percent increase year-on-year, while non-oil imports rose 18.17 percent at $21.47 billion.
Oil imports during April-September were valued at $70.34 billion, 42.39 percent higher year-on-year.
The total value of non-oil imports during the six months under review was $163.16 billion, 28.52 percent higher than the level of such imports valued at $126.95 billion during the corresponding period last year.
- India's export growth slows in October - Dec 01, 2011
- India's exports surge 82 percent in July - Sep 01, 2011
- India's exports slump 14.8 percent in July - Sep 03, 2012
- India's exports rise 36.4 percent in December - Feb 01, 2011
- India's exports drop by 5.45 percent in June - Aug 01, 2012
- India's exports rise 44 percent in August; deficit widens to $14 bn - Oct 03, 2011
- India's exports up 46 percent in June - Aug 01, 2011
- India's exports fall in May - Jul 02, 2012
- India's exports rise 26.5 percent in November - Jan 03, 2011
- India's exports growth diminishes - Apr 02, 2012
- India's May exports rise 56.93 percent - Jul 01, 2011
- India's merchandise exports rise 21.36 percent in October - Dec 01, 2010
- India's exports decline for 12th consecutive month to $13.6 bn - Nov 03, 2009
- April exports up 34 percent, trade deficit at $8.9 bn - Jun 01, 2011
- India's exports rise 36 percent in September - Oct 12, 2011