India’s largest gold and jewellery show opens in DelhiNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:57 am ICT by admin
Inaugurating the show, Bollywood actor Neha Dhupia said: “Festive spirits running high with Diwali just round the corner and New Year approaching, the gold and diamonds show adds to this mood of celebration.”
The exhibition at Delhi is a part of MMTC’s efforts to provide quality, hallmarked gold jewellery to customers and is in continuation of exhibitions held earlier this month at Kolkata and Bangalore for the first time.
The exhibition has over 70,000 pieces available.
The exhibition gives a unique opportunity to the customers to choose from a wide range of jewellery, medallions and silverware.
“Jewellery and diamonds on display here are certified. The jewellery here is from all over the country. In addition to this there is Sanchi Silverware range also displayed here,” said Sanjiv Barta, Chairman and Managing Director, MMTC Limited.
MMTC is selling its “Sanchi” brand of silverware in the exhibition. This brand is known for its exclusive designs, purity, quality and spectacular craftsmanship.
A unique feature of exhibitions is the exclusive stall for “Bridal collection - the Saubhagya Range” and “The Traditional Collection”, which highlight special pieces of jewellery.
The gems and jewellery sector is amongst the fastest growing industries in the country, while occupying an important position in the Indian economy and accounting for nearly 13.05 per cent of the country’s total exports. (ANI)
- Festival of Gold 2008 being held in New Delhi - Oct 15, 2008
- Visakhapatnam jewellery exhibition sells diamond studded pen for rupees 2.3 million - Nov 01, 2010
- Sonam brings the curtains down on Jewellery Week - Aug 05, 2011
- Models showcase latest diamond jewellery - Aug 04, 2010
- Indian jewellery showcased at US show - Jun 02, 2012
- Gitanjali group inaugurates first gold-dispensing ATM - Oct 22, 2011
- Day one at IIJW ends in style with 'Jewels of Falaknuma' - Aug 01, 2011
- Now comes Azva, inspired by 'saath pheras' ritual (With Images) - Aug 23, 2012
- Mumbai hosts Thai jewellery exhibition - Dec 02, 2010
- Bollywood glitters at India's first jewellery week inaugural - Aug 15, 2010
- Designer jewellery lures enthusiasts at an exhibition in Ludhiana - Sep 04, 2010
- Forget threads and beads - invest in gold, diamond rakhi (Feature) - Aug 12, 2011
- Tanishq Offers Great Discount On Lavish Jewellery Collection - Aug 07, 2010
- Anand Sharma inaugurates India Show in Switzerland - Mar 26, 2011
- Bhavnagar craftsman wows customers with original ceramic jewellery - May 22, 2010
Tags: barta, bollywood actor, bridal collection, diwali, earlier this month, exhibition, exhibitions, festive spirits, gold and diamonds, gold jewellery, indian economy, jewellery designs, jewellery show, mmtc, neha dhupia, sanchi, silverware, spectacular craftsmanship, trading corporation, traditional collection