India’s inflation rate unchanged at 0.61 percentMay 28th, 2009 - 2:00 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 28 (IANS) India’s annual rate of inflation remained unchanged at 0.61 percent for the week ended May 16 with minor increase in the the index for primary articles, fuel and power and manufactured products, official data showed Thursday.
The wholesale price index for all commodities, however, rose 0.1 percent, as per data released by the commerce and industry ministry.
Higher prices of tea, fruits, vegetables and spices had pushed up the annual rate of inflation to 0.61 percent for the week ended May 9 from 0.48 percent the week before.
Thursday’s data also showed a marginal increase of 0.1 points in the index for primary articles, even though prices of food articles declined 0.1 points due to lower prices of gram, fruits and vegetables and jowar.
The index for manufactured products also rose 0.1 percent.
The final data for the week ended March 21 showed that the annual inflation rate actually stood at 0.84 percent against 0.31 percent reported earlier based on provisional figures.
- Food inflation rises marginally to 8.76 percent - Apr 28, 2011
- Food inflation drops for the second week - Jul 07, 2011
- India's annual inflation rate rises to 0.61 percent - May 21, 2009
- Food inflation declines to 9.03 percent - Aug 18, 2011
- Food inflation slips marginally, still above comfort level - Oct 13, 2011
- Food inflation rises to 11.49 percent - Feb 24, 2011
- Food inflation dips to low of minus 3.36 percent (Lead) - Jan 05, 2012
- Food inflation dips to two-year low - Jan 05, 2012
- Food prices fall; inflation will continue to moderate: Pranab (Lead) - Jan 12, 2012
- Food inflation continues in the negative - Jan 12, 2012
- Inflation rate rises to 1.21 percent - Oct 22, 2009
- India's food inflation rises, another rate hike in offing - Jun 09, 2011
- Inflation rises to 8.62 percent in September - Oct 15, 2010
- Inflation falls to 6.89 percent in March - Apr 16, 2012
- Food inflation rises to 8.31 percent - Jul 14, 2011
Tags: annual inflation rate, annual rate of inflation, commodities, food articles, fruits and vegetables, fruits vegetables, India, industry ministry, march 21, marginal increase, New Delhi, provisional figures, rate of inflation, spices, tea, week ended march, wholesale, wholesale price index